Wealth of recordings of piano concertos on YouTube

Started by pianoconcerto, Saturday 23 March 2019, 17:49

Previous topic - Next topic

pianoconcerto

In case you missed my mention of this on the page discussing Busoni's Concerto, "Remus Platen" has posted on youtube 100+ recordings of rare, little heard piano-and orchestra-works, most from old German broadcasts, some played by their composers.  You can find these by searching for "Remus Platen" on youtube.  Check them out while they remain available.

Rob H

I have doubtless mentioned this before but I would dearly love to hear any of the piano concertante works by Riccardo Pick-Mangiagalli  (I was reminded by seeing his name appear on this search). His Sortlieggi for piano and orchestra is an excellent little tone poem in the style of the Sorcerer's apprentice (though not as instantly memorable) and it bodes well for his other works. I play the Danse d'Olaf and it always goes down well - an excellent encore piece.

As far as I can find his piano and orchestra works are Humoresques op35 and a Piano Concerto op72. At some point I did read that there was a recording of a reconstruction of his piano concerto 2 but where, when, what label and by whom I have been unable to find out. If anyone has any details I would be grateful.
Rob

Alan Howe

Having looked through the Remus Platen listing on YouTube, I'd simply observe that the vast majority lie well outside the remit of this forum. Please, therefore, don't assume that the mere existence of this thread is an invitation to discuss anything in that listing.