Horace Wadham Nicholl 1848-1922

Started by giles.enders, Thursday 17 October 2019, 11:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth Vaughan

Any news of the full score yet, David?

edurban

No, they never got back to me and I've had no time to go down there in person...not that going down there would actually help...

Gareth Vaughan

Pity. I will try writing to them myself. May I mention your name and how far you got? And do you have the catalogue number of the full score, please?

edurban

Gareth, the call number for the Nicholl piano concerto full score is *MW Amer. Concerto. Piano + Orch. Op.10. Autograph full score.   My note doesn't mention whether "Mus. Res." needs to be added to that.  The call number for the manuscript 2 piano arrangement is : Mus. Res. *MYD Amer. Concerto. Piano and Orch, 2 pf, 4 hands.

Gareth Vaughan

edurban

Phemister

This is my first posting since joining today (1/23/21).  Thanks for referring to my 2018 AMERICAN PIANO CONCERTO COMPENDIUM book.  I wish I had all this information for Nicholl back then, but I will make use of it.  The notes on the Concerto were very helpful and I hope the full score can be found eventually.  Let me know, please.  Though my book covers 1869 to the present, and the big year was 1936, thanks to the WPA, there were many composers (and I have 1,056) who were still writing in the big Romantic style well into the 20th Century - primarily lesser-known composers, because the famous composers were busy writing in various contemporary styles.

Gareth Vaughan

The score certainly exists and I was on the point of trying to arrange (if not too expensive) for a digital copy to be made and sent to me (the NYPL were very co-operative), when COVID 19 struck and the whole matter has been in limbo ever since.