Gustav Schreck - Nonet for wind quintet and strings

Started by britishcomposer, Thursday 13 February 2020, 21:15

Previous topic - Next topic

britishcomposer

Dear members,

last Sunday MDR Kultur broadcast a Nonet by Gustav Schreck.
I would like to upload the recording but hesitate for two reasons.
The announcer told that it was recorded by members of the MDR Symphony Orchestra and Philharmonie Gera-Altenburg for the MDR.
I am not sure if this is a coproduction with a record label. In that case an upload would discourage potential buyers.
I know, this is not handled that strictly here at UC so you might talk me round...

Another more troubling question: this is NOT the Nonet op. 40 but another unpublished one for strings and wind quintet.
The announcer didn't give an opus number nor a key nor a date of composition. She explained that it was performed from a fair copy located at the Leipziger Bach Archiv.
I tried to google for more information - in vain so far.
Perhaps there are members around with better sleuthing skills?

Alan Howe

Our usual practice, of course, is to delete uploads of broadcasts as soon as there is word of a commercial release. In this case, the decision is entirely yours...

I'll leave the sleuthing to others better suited to the task.

Alan Howe

Mark Thomas

A recording of a broadcast doesn't have the audio quality of a good commercial CD, of course, so most discerning members would want the latter in the long run, I'm sure.

britishcomposer

Quote from: Gareth Vaughan on Thursday 13 February 2020, 22:14
Here is the Catalogue entry at the Leipzig Bach Archive: http://139.18.3.226/libero/WebOpac.cls?VERSION=2&ACTION=DISPLAY&RSN=59416&DATA=BAL&TOKEN=rLTApyf8hf3452&Z=1&SET=1

Thanks, Gareth!
Guess I did right in cutting short my musicology studies some twenty years ago...
Will upload the file tomorrow.

Mark Thomas

edurban

Yes, thanks.  'Christus, der Auferstandene' was most impressive.  I also ordered a bassoon sonata of Herr Prof. Dr. Schreck's, but haven't listened to it yet...

Mark Thomas

What a charming, lyrical work this Nonet is. A real pleasure, as are his Bassoon and Oboe Sonatas.