News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Różycki - Casanova

Started by BerlinExpat, Thursday 11 June 2020, 11:10

Previous topic - Next topic

BerlinExpat

The full concert performance of Ludomir Różycki's Casanova with solists, the Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra & Choir, and conducted by Łukasz Borowicz is now available on youTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8vB3_sC39o

I have an mp3 copy if anyone is interested.

Mark Thomas

If you could post it, Colin, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Alan Howe

I'm looking forward to this. Thanks!

I'd be grateful if the upload could mark the breaks between acts rather than just be one unbroken file.

BerlinExpat

A bit difficult to know where the acts are, Alan, because the two parts of the concert performance have been spliced together. The interval was after Act II, making the first part about 95 minutes, so I have made a split after what I assume is Act II Scene II though it's not absolutely clear from the English text of the programme that this is so. This one way of getting the opera onto two CDs.

The Warsaw audience is pretty well behaved as far as applause goes and so I assume that generally where there is applause it is either an act or scene end. In the video there are various changes of soloists which also suggests a scene change, but there is no textual information to the effect.

Alan Howe

Well done. That's very good of you.

tpaloj

It ought to be little easier to find where the act breaks are by following the score ;)

https://pbc.gda.pl/dlibra/doccontent?id=16109

BerlinExpat

Many thanks, tpaloj, for this invaluable tip. I hadn't looked any further than IMSLP.

As Alan had requested, five mp3 files and a text file are in the downloads section as follows:

1   Prologue   8:59
2   Act I           26:58
3   Act II    42:11
4   Act III   34:45
5   Epilogue   6:12
Total playing time:   119:05

Files 1,2 & 3 just fit on a CD

Mark Thomas

Thanks Colin, very much appreciated

Alan Howe