Wojciech Sowinski - world premiere recordings of piano works (around 1841)

Started by Artur Slotwinski, Sunday 05 July 2020, 21:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Artur Slotwinski

Hello Unsung Composers Forum!

This is Artur with a new project - I created a new yt channel on which I am presenting first in history recordings of Wojciech Sowinski's piano works. I cordially invite and encourage all interested music lovers to visit my channel. There are also lectures but only in Polish - I will post new recordings regularly in next few months. I received some grant to record Sowinski's music - all in studio conditions on good Yamaha piano:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSlotart

All the best for Unsung Composers Forum

Artur Slotwinski

JanOscar

The Piano Concerto is simply divine!! When is the recording to be released? I can't wait....

Alan Howe

If I may, I'd like to add my congratulations to the performers of the Piano Concerto. However, I do hope that any recording made by Mr Slotwinski will be done using a professional orchestra - the quality of the music deserves the best possible representation on CD.

eschiss1

Is this the same as Albert Sowinski, and are there any plans to record, if not both of his symphonies, at least the reduction of the scherzo of his 2nd symphony (in E-flat, Op.122) that may be more accessible than the full score of his first (op.62 in E minor, pub. 1849)?