CD of Swiss orchestral music

Started by Mark Thomas, Saturday 01 August 2020, 09:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Even though I couldn't make heads or tails of the campaign I'm glad it was a success.

I do wonder how they will record this with the all pervasive covid? supposed to be coming out this year?

adriano

That is exactly what I am asking myself too, Kevin. Swiss Covid regulations allow a minimum of 2 meters of distance (360 degrees) between musicians. Imagine if a chorus would have been involved - in the concert-hall no place for a (limited) audience would have been possible.
Since June 6th, audiences of only 300 people are allowed for concerts and public manifestations and I imagine that in the following cold season, Covid will come back with more virulence. They hope to allow a maximum of 1000 perople starting August 31st, but meanwhile here in Switzerland too, we have come back to three-digit new infections figures per day.

Alan Howe

Are we sure that the recording hasn't already taken place?

Kevin

Huh? So why did they do the campaign to raise funds??

adriano

Everybody is optimistic, Kevin... But I have the reputation of always being a pessimist - from what I had to learn in my own past career  :-)
It's a public concert:
https://www.ticketino.com/de/Event/SWISS-ORCHESTRA-Tour-3-Schatzkammer-Schweizer-Sinfonik/98786

Kevin

Don't be so down with yourself hadrianus, you've accomplished a lot.  :)

Alan Howe

QuoteSo why did they do the campaign to raise funds??

It was just a thought, given the current Covid restrictions on orchestral performances. And I'm sure some recordings are made and then not released until public funding is secured.

Kevin

To be honest all I care about is when I get the CD(download) in my grubby paws, hopefully soon. I'm always hankering for more Raff.

Alan Howe

QuoteTo be honest all I care about is when I get the CD(download) in my grubby paws

My lips are sealed.  :(

Kevin

Well, hopefully it won't be as long as Benedetto Marcello(18 years) SPOILER ALERT: I'm not going to be around.   :(

Alan Howe

That's an absolutely risible - not to say entirely inappropriate - comment which demonstrates a complete misunderstanding of Sterling's modus operandi. Bo Hyttner has always sought to license and release archived recordings made by radio organisations, often made years, even decades ago. Frankly, we are extremely fortunate to have Benedetto Marcello on CD - and many other recordings of unsung music on the Sterling label.

You owe Mr Hyttner a full and sincere apology.

Kevin

Alan Howe

It was in extremely poor taste - and offensive.

Kevin

What? Sterling , as far as I understand it only secured the rights last year. It was sitting in some radio archives somewhere until then for some + 15 years. I'm grateful for Sterling finally to bring it to release.

eschiss1

*blink* And with no attempt to understand cpo's difficulties we regularly get on -their- case, well, eh.