News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Headphones

Started by Reverie, Sunday 09 August 2020, 18:13

Previous topic - Next topic

sdtom

what do you lose with the noise reduction feature?

Ilja

Not to be flippant, but: the world. They greatly help me to concentrate on listening. I live in the city, and the combination of passive and active noise cancellation work well to create a more immersive experience.

sdtom

I picked up a pair of hd99 Sennheiser phones. beautiful

Christopher

I recently bought a pair of Apple's Airpods.  Amazing sound quality BUT they fall out of my ears all the time.  Has anyone else found the same?!

Mark Thomas

Our household has gone over to the dark side: Samsung, but I have a pair of Urbanista ear buds which have great sound quality and stay put. Can you get different shaped ear pieces for them, Christopher?

sdtom

Which is why I chose the 99 Sennheiser. I listen alone in a quiet environment. They are superior to my Grado.

Christopher

Quote from: Mark Thomas on Tuesday 14 December 2021, 11:24
Our household has gone over to the dark side: Samsung, but I have a pair of Urbanista ear buds which have great sound quality and stay put. Can you get different shaped ear pieces for them, Christopher?

Well, AirPods come in a little box which which they charge (you attach the box to the mains). So if you attach different-shaped ear pieces, they won't fit into their box, and won't charge.  Infuriating.  However, a few people have recommended same-shaped ear-pieces which are made of memory foam (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B088HD5SCJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_8SKM1K877JB686D6JX24?_encoding=UTF8&th=1) - however one reviewer says that they disintegrated inside his ear and had to be surgically removed which is somewhat demotivating...

sdtom

:) Over the ear Sennheiser won't do this and the sound has made me relisten to all of my CDs again!!! They are that good along with the headphone Douk tube preamp.