Piano trios by Sylvio Lazzari and Wilhelm Kienzl

Started by Martin Eastick, Monday 05 October 2020, 12:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Eastick

Although the Lazzari trio has been recorded previously, that by Wilhelm Kienzl would seem to be a first, to the best of my knowledge. There is also an "encore" by Wilhelm Jeral.

Martin Eastick

Apologies again here, Alan, for omitting the link!

Alan Howe

Sharkkb8

Appears to me the Kienzl might be the same performance currently in the UC Downloads section.  Same violinist anyway.

http://www.unsungcomposers.com/forum/index.php/topic,6368.msg67412.html#msg67412

eschiss1

Intriguing. I like what I've heard and seen by Lazzari, I'll keep an ear out for the disc.

adriano

These are the two earlier CDs with Lazzari's Trio - coupled (more reasonably) with his Violin Sonata:

ARION (1996) Trio de France: Jacques Duheim, violon, Hervé Deerien, 'cello and Madeleine Virlogeux, piano
TIROL KULTUR (1999) Thomas Christian, violin, Raphael Wallfish, 'cello and Leonore Aumaier, piano

Alan Howe

The Kienzl is really gorgeous - and gorgeously played here too. It was first published in 1880 and is melodically generous, as might befit a 23 year-old composer. Yes, it's conventional, but what tunes, what dynamism, what sumptuous textures!