Joachim Raff - Help wanted: Hard to find CD

Started by Raphael Richman, Wednesday 01 December 2010, 16:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Raphael Richman

Can someone help me find a solution to a problem I've encountered.

I recently purchased my first album of Joachim Raff's music - see detail below. I really enjoyed the music and the performance and am delighted to add it to my collection.

Unfortunately, the pamphlet/write-up was missing; also, it turned out that the second cd was damaged so that music could not be played. The music on the first cd is wonderful and I would very much like to have a complete album if I could.

I've looked at the discography on the Official J. Raff website (www.raff.org) and this particular album is not shown. I have looked up the players on Google and found biographies on each of them but no way to contact them is provided. Of course, I've looked at all the websites for purchasing music, in the US and in Europe. No luck. As I delve further into this I am stymied by my lack of knowledge of the German language.

So, I am stuck!

Does anyone out there know of this particular album or perhaps could refer me to someone who might? I'd like to purchase a copy of any pamphlet or notes (if any)  that came with the cd's  (b&w photocopy would be fine) and perhaps obtain a duplicate of the damaged, second cd?

Here are the particulars as printed on the cd labels. It's all the information I have to go on:

Joachim Raff Gesellschaft   e.V., Wiesbaden
           Privataufnahme nur fur Mitglieder der JRG

1st CD: Trio for Violin, Violincello and Klavier, c-Moll, op. 102

Jochen Brusch - Violin; Mario De Secondi - Cello; Stefana Chitta-  Stegemann - Klavier.

2nd CD: Sonata for Violincello and Klavier, D major, op. 183 } This is damaged cd.
                 Sonata for Violin and Klavier, e minor, op. 73.      } Tracks 4-8 scratched.

Mark Thomas

Hi Raphael. I'm replying to you privately about this. Check your Inbox.

Hofrat

Arte Nova Classics has recorded all four of Raff's piano trios in a 2 CD set.