Auber Overtures, vol. 3, from Naxos

Started by Sharkkb8, Monday 07 December 2020, 09:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharkkb8

Naxos is releasing vol. 3 of its Auber Overture series, conducted by our own recent member, Dario Salvi.  Amazon USA shows a slightly confusing "Original Release Date: 2021.  Date First Available: November 28, 2020"

https://smile.amazon.com/Overtures-Auber-Moravian-Philharmonic-Salvi/dp/B08NDZ2QCJ/ref=sr_1_265?dchild=1&fst=as%3Aoff&qid=1607333130&refinements=p_n_date%3A1249114011&rnid=1249111011&s=music&sr=1-265

DarioSalviConductor

Thank you Sharkkb8! :)

I hope you like the CD - it is the first in the series featuring a Symphony Orchestra and depicting Auber's growing confidence in his own composing powers! Lots of world premiere recordings as well as the classic La Muette De Portici! I tried to give it a personal take to it and respect Auber's very clear metronome markings....let's hope it will be appreciated!

Enjoy and Happy New Year guys!  :)

Alan Howe

semloh

Congratulations, Dario. This is a splendid project, and I am really looking forward to hearing the 3rd disc.

DarioSalviConductor

Thank you! Let me know your opinion please!

sdtom

on a similiar thread I reviewed volume 3. I believe it is still active. The question I have is about the 2016 release.

DarioSalviConductor

Hello! I cannot find your review of Volume 3. Do you have a link?

What is the question about the 2016 release?

Cheers,

Dario

sdtom

https://sdtom.wordpress.com/ for review The 2016 release while it offers material you didn't record with the 1 seems incomplete and out of place if you have done 5 volumes for Naxos.
Tom

DarioSalviConductor

Hello! Thank you for the delightful review! :)

Regarding the 2016 CD - I was not involved in it but I know it was discontinued as a series for one problem or the other. I will include hose works as well scattered in future volumes. Auber wrote SOOOOO much music for different productions of the same Opera that a complete Series of all his works will be a really extensive work.

Enjoy!

terry martyn

For my part, I thoroughly enjoyed volumes 1 and 2, and will be listening to them again later today. It was the ReaderĀ“s Digest recording of The Crown Diamonds that first excited my interest in collecting LPs!

sdtom

To keep the record straight I will do the first two volumes of your series Dario and I will include the 2016 recording as well. I adore him so much like others on this forum and your recordings are soooo good. I look forward to so much more.

DarioSalviConductor

OW! Thank you guys! I am so pleased you are enjoying the CDs. Volume 1 and 2 feature a Chamber Orchestra as Auber at the time was still using that formation. From Volume 3 onwards the sound is Symphonic with a full orchestra sometimes featuring surprises!

sdtom

DarioSalviConductor