Holmès, Bonis & Marie Jaëll concert

Started by eschiss1, Wednesday 16 December 2020, 22:52

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

The ONF together with Bru Zane on July 1 2021 has an interesting concert planned, including Jaëll's cello concerto.

Ebubu

This concert, which I think had been cancelled due to Covid, has been reprogrammed, with a similar (but different in details) program, on June 23rd 2022 at the Théatre des Champs-Elysées (Paris)

CelesteCadenza

That 1 July 2021 concert was apparently not cancelled as I have a recording of the entire concert, with an enthusiastic audience being present. I can place it in Downloads if there is interest:
Femmes de légende/Clôture du 8e festival Palazzetto Bru Zane Paris
Concert symphonique

AUGUSTA HOLMÈS: La Nuit et l'Amour, interlude de l'ode symphonique « Ludus pro Patria »
MEL BONIS: Femmes de légende: Songe de Cleopatre op 180; Salome op 100; Ophelie op 165
MARIE JAËLL: Concerto pour violoncelle
CHARLOTTE SOHY: Symphonie « Grande Guerre »

RAPHAËL PERRAUD violoncelle
ORCHESTRE NATIONAL DE FRANCE
DEBORA WALDMAN direction

Dans le cadre du 8e Festival Palazzetto Bru Zane Paris
En collaboration avec le Palazzetto Bru Zane – Centre de musique française

Jeudi 01 juillet 2021 20h00 Maison de la radio et de la musique - Auditorium

La mission du Palazzetto Bru Zane – Centre de musique romantique
française basé à Venise, est la redécouverte et le rayonnement
international du patrimoine musical français (1780-1920). Il nous
présente un programme entièrement féminin, car l'histoire de la musique
et, plus généralement, l'histoire de l'art, en France, est marquée par
de grandes figures de femmes qu'on ne saurait confiner dans le rôle
d'animatrices de salon. Les quatre musiciennes à l'affiche sont
d'authentiques créatrices, défendues ici par la nouvelle directrice
musicale de l'Orchestre régional d'Avignon-Provence.

Alan Howe

Ebubu

Oh, perfect CelesteCadenza, then we'll have 2 concerts on the same idea.
After rereading, the only "redundant" piece seems to be the Holmes piece...
There will be other works by Mel Bonis, and the 2nd piano concerto by Jaëll.

PS : I do realize that I have a copy of that concert too. Actually downloaded from Wheesht upload ! The ring is complete at last ! ;)

PS2 : I was probably mistaken by the title "Femmes de Légende", which is actually a generic title for an ongoing series of concerts around Women Composers, with various programs...

Wheesht

Unless 'galloping senility' has finally caught up with me I am very much under the impression that there is already a recording of that 1st of July 2021 concert with the four works mentioned. I uploaded it myself, see here.

Ebubu

Or it hasn't caught up with YOU, but rather with ME (among others)...  ;D

CelesteCadenza

Quote from: Wheesht on Thursday 24 March 2022, 13:23
Unless 'galloping senility' has finally caught up with me I am very much under the impression that there is already a recording of that 1st of July 2021 concert with the four works mentioned. I uploaded it myself, see here.

I have just downloaded Wheesht's copy of the concert - while the files differ from those that I have, there is no obvious distinction in sound quality to justify a duplicate. It seems that I was not the only one to miss that in Downloads.  'Galloping senility' is obviously a two-way street! ;)

Wheesht

Phew! ... and I thought it was only me  ;D