Moszkowski Orchestral Works (vol.3 - Toccata)

Started by Martin Eastick, Tuesday 16 November 2021, 10:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilja

Thank you, Martin!

While I would not want to look a gift horse (at least, one soon to be purchased) in the mouth, I'd also greatly welcome a recording of the symphony at some point...

Mark Thomas

With any luck, if we all continue to support this series, the Symphony will come, but in the meantime I'm so pleased that volume III is imminent. Thanks for the heads up, Martin.

4candles

I am reliably informed that there are indeed plans to record the Symphony. I'm not privy to further details, so I'll just let you all savour the prospect!  ;)

Jonathan

Mark Thomas

Ilja

Yes. And I think I can contain my patience until December 3rd. Will have to.

MartinH

Yikes! I'm behind. I didn't know there was a Volume 2.

semloh

Alan Howe

This is certainly a treat of a CD. The early Overture (1871-2, written while Moszkowski was still a teenager) isn't very distinctive, but Suite No.1 in F (1885) is a fully mature, lovely work, full of good tunes - true entertainment music. The orchestral reponse here under Ian Hobson is very fine indeed and the recording spectacularly good.

Richard Moss

Further to earlier advance notice on UC of the Toccata pipeline, just noticed their new Moszkowski release is now available, including Suite No. 1 as its major item.  Available as a download from Amazon and Presto (and possibly elsewhere) but no digital booklet included (but that is available on the Toccata web-site).

Happy landings!

Richard

Richard Moss

Apologies for my previous post - I now realise this album  it has been out for a while - a senior moment!

Cheers

Richard

Alan Howe