Czech Phil performs Suk Summer's Tale under Jakub Hrůša's Direction - 4/12/2021

Started by JP, Saturday 11 December 2021, 20:04

Previous topic - Next topic

JP

Hi everyone, as a swift follow up to the Asrael Symphony live concert rendition in Helsinki a few weeks ago, it may interest you all to note (if you're not otherwise already aware) that Maestro Jakub Hrůša conducted a performance of Josef Suk's A Summer Tale with the Czech Philharmonic a few days ago, which is presently available on the orchestra's YouTube channel. The piece begins at the 1:10:17 time stamp mark. Unfortunately the audio playback quality of this recording is rather poor and soft, so one is unable to savour the full acoustic dynamics and subtle instrumental/interpretive nuances of this live concert performance. 

violin: Josef Špaček
conductor: Jakub Hrůša
Czech Philharmonic

Bohuslav Martinů: Violin Concerto No. 1
Josef Suk: A Summer's Tale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZojWPVFo94

Regards and best wishes in advance of the Christmas Yuletide Season, JP

ewk

Dear JP,

thank you for the hint! Lovely to see how Hrůša and the likes are pushing Suk's works.

Best wishes!
ewk

PS: Although the first half of the concert is clearly outside our remit, I recommend not to jump the first half, just for the sheer delight of Špaček's playing– what an encore ;-) (→ 43:42 min: Aleksey Igudesman, Funk the String – I've never heard something like this as an encore!)

Gerhard Griesel

Wheesht

Alan Howe

ewk

I experience this as well now – seems to have been made private in the meanwhile. It certainly was available when I wrote the above post... What a pity!

JP