Records International - still in business?

Started by Mark Thomas, Saturday 11 June 2022, 11:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Thomas

Is Records International still in business? If I try to visit the website I get an "Account Suspended" notice.

Gareth Vaughan

Very odd, Mark. Their website was still up and they appeared to be trading on 2nd June which was when I last visited to see what the June catalogue had to offer. But you are quite right: I got the same message when I visited just now.

Alan Howe

Mark Thomas

Maybe Jeff Joneikis forgot to renew his web hosting company's subscription? Fingers crossed.

John Boyer

You would think that if he were closing up shop he would make some sort of announcement.  Still, it would not be the first beloved business I have known that ceased operations without warning.  Let's hope it's just a glitch.

Alan Howe

The question for me in the UK, though, is why I would do business with him. I admit that (very) occasionally he features recordings that are billed as 'exclusives', but I haven't ordered from him for years because I can usually source recordings from the UK or Europe. It's just reality.

Mark Thomas

I'm just the same, but I wouldn't want to see RI go under...

Gareth Vaughan

Nor I. Although I have never actually ordered from him, I value Jeff's lists and I think he does a good job.

kolaboy

I've been ordering from RI since 1988 - back when they actually sold vinyl, as well as cds. Never had a problem until recently. Placed an order a few months ago, and it never arrived. My card wasn't charged, but usually I'll be informed if an item is back-ordered, or no longer available.
Hope it's just a temporary glitch.

Alan Howe

Mark Thomas

There's still the same "Account Suspended" notice. I too fear that RI has gone.

Gareth Vaughan

kolaboy

Ah, good. In a world of unpleasant changes, a "pleasant constant" is to be valued.

Mark Thomas