Piano trios by Turina, Martin and Vladigerov

Started by eschiss1, Sunday 22 January 2023, 06:08

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

A new CD with two trios that have been recorded a fair number of times- the 2nd trio of JoaquĆ­n Turina, and the Trio on Irish Melodies of Frank Martin- and a trio that may be a premiere recording? (the B-flat minor trio of Pancho Vladigerov) - was just issued on Friday from a recording session (or sessions) in October 2021. The Vladigerov, at least, I've checked is within our site's orbit :)

Martin Eastick

The Vladigerov piano trio has been recorded before - on a now-deleted Hungaraton CD, which I do have. I notice that there is a very scathing review of this recording on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chamber-Music-Violin-Vladigerov/dp/B000FIGGQE/ref=sr_1_25?crid=56K35E8DRWSA&keywords=vladigerov&qid=1674477212&s=music&sprefix=vl%2Cpopular%2C111&sr=1-25. Although i haven't listened to this for some time, I cannot recall this as an awful performance - but. as it was the only version available.........! Anyway, I will revisit in the next few days, time permitting!
I any case, it as good that there is now this new recording which i will certainly invest in. Both this trio and the early violin sonata reveal a rather precocious talent - it is a pity that he did not produce more chamber music in larger forms - excepting, of course, a rather later string quartet.