This Sunday evening on SWR2:

SWR2 Oper: Charles Tournemire: "La Légende de Tristan"
Oper in 3 Akten

Iseut: An De Ridder
Tristan: Markus Francke
Le roi Marc: Dae-Hee Shin
Brangien: I Chiao Shih
Le nain Frocin: Joshua Spink
Opern- und Extrachor des Theaters Ulm Das Philharmonische Orchester der Stadt Ulm
Leitung: Felix Bender
(Uraufführung vom 15. Dezember 2022 im Theater Ulm) (3 hrs.)

Alan Howe

Mark Thomas

If it's available on catch up then I'll have a go, but I can't record it live unfortunately.

eschiss1

Hopefully -being- recorded, if it's a world premiere!

Alan Howe

ewk

Those who understand German can read the manuscript of the today evening's radio programme including some background information about the work and the composer:

https://www.swr.de/swr2/musik-klassik/charles-tournemire-la-legende-de-tristan-swr2-oper-2023-02-05-104.pdf

Best wishes, ewk

eschiss1

Even though like so much by Tournemire I'm guessing his operas are still in manuscript, back in 2017 a book with this intriguing title was published:

Visions of eternity : the choral works and operas of Widor, Vierne and Tournemire by Michael Bundy (Leicestershire: Matador).

Aragion

I really hope that someone was able to record this broadcast.

JanOscar

Utterly boring, no wonder it was never performed. A pity for all the work that went into the production.

Alan Howe

Mark Thomas

Nor me, but one never knows, it might be an exception in Tournemire's oeuvre. That said, it doesn't seem to be available to "listen again" (or at least I can't find it), so the opportunity to record it has passed, unless someone else managed to.

Aragion

Actually I have made a recording but it contains at least one gap. May be it was a problem with the audio stream itself. This recording Will be broadcasted on DLF Kultur on March 4th. I personally prefer to wait for this version.

Gareth Vaughan

Quote...it might be an exception in Tournemire's oeuvre.

I doubt it. I find all the music of his that I have heard uniformly dull. Sorry.

Mark Thomas

Yes, eight symphonies and every one unmemorable. His was a special sort of talent.

Alan Howe

Sometimes it's best to leave a particular composer to the few who might appreciate him/her. I have a feeling that Tournemire falls into this category.