More Polish Radio rarities

Started by Mark Thomas, Saturday 10 October 2009, 16:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Thomas

Next weekend, in their Fantazja polska programme between 02:00 and 06:00 AM Polish time, Polish Radio Two are broadcasting two real rarities: Noskowski's Symphonic Variations on Chopin's Prelude op.28 No.7 (on Saturday morning) and a Dramatic Symphony written in 1840 by one Joseph Brzowski (1805-1888), who is quite new to me. That's on Sunday morning.

giles.enders

Joseph Brzowski wrote a Grand Allegro for two pianos and orchestra.

JesseLMackey

Susan Sharpe presents rarities, archive and concert recordings from ... Polish Radio Choir, Andrzej Bialko (organ), Wlodzimierz Siedlik (conductor) .... Read more. This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser ...

Mark Thomas

Jonathan

Indeed, sounds interesting. I've not heard a work by Noszkowski I don't like yet (which isn't really saying much as I've only heard 3!)  ;D

black

Which programm are you referring to, Jesse?
I can't find a link.

Peter1953

black

It is indeed an interesting site, but Mark Thomas has already mentioned it in the start of this topic.
Jesse was referring to Susan Sharpe who is a (freelance) BBC presenter and I can't figure what he means with "Read more.."
Btw, my reading ability of Polish is sufficient. Moreover Internet Explorer gives the possibility of a translation.