Getting logged off every time

Started by TerraEpon, Sunday 13 February 2011, 06:42

Previous topic - Next topic

TerraEpon

This is a bit weird. I seem to be getting logged off every time I come to the forum -- but not untill I actually click on one of the subforums.

eschiss1

Likewise. Have opted to use Google Chrome's save-password option, though optimally for security's sake I should be remembering my password myself (recalling how many spam emails I've received lately, in a parallel case, e.g. ...) ... but it is odd!

Mark Thomas

eschiss1

jerfilm

Same problem here - started Saturday morning sometime.

Jerry

Mark Thomas

This appears to be a problem for many people on forums using this software and has arisen in the last few days. Presumably some sort of "time bomb" inadvertently built into the software. I'm going to upgrade the software in the next few days which will mean that the forum may be off-line for a little while, but it's also supposed to fix the problem.

JimL

Yeah, I've also noticed that I'm supposed to stay logged in "forever", but every time I come back, I have to log in again.  I thought it was my new Kaspersky.

petershott@btinternet.com

Ah, glad I've just noticed this thread. I've experienced this phenomenon (and it remains current). I'm such a hillbilly with computers I naturally assumed it was a problem to do with my computer or my use of it. So I'm now pepped up knowing I'm not alone, and sit back relaxed waiting for some benevolent intelligence to swoop down and sort things out!

Peter

Mark Thomas

I'm sorry that the problem remains and that's enirely my fault, as I ran out of time before leaving on a short trip away from home. Consequently I didn't carry out the software upgrade that I had promised. Those of you who are suffering from this fault will have to bear with me for a few days until I get back and can carry out the upgrade. My apologies.

petershott@btinternet.com

Absolutely no need, Mark, for any apologies. We're all so deeply grateful that the site runs so smoothly and with no more than what is the most minor of blips experienced on rare occasions.

Peter

JimL

Yeah, take your time.  It's just a minor inconvenience.  I keep trying to get Firefox to remember my password, but it asks me for my Master Security Code, which is something I don't think I've ever been privy to. :P

JimL

One thing I've noticed is that I seem to be logged in when I'm first at the index.  As soon as I go into a wing of the Forum I'm logged out and have to log back in again.  Wonder how that's happening?

eschiss1

Quote from: JimL on Thursday 24 February 2011, 01:27
One thing I've noticed is that I seem to be logged in when I'm first at the index.  As soon as I go into a wing of the Forum I'm logged out and have to log back in again.  Wonder how that's happening?
Well, it also happens if I refresh/reload the index page without leaving same, so no joy there really.

Mark Thomas

I hope to carry out the upgrade later on today. Fingers crossed that it solves the problem.

jerfilm

Saturday morning - it looks to be fixed.  Thanks so much Mark.  We are really spoiled not having to log in each visit....

Jerry