MusicWeb International - extinct?

Started by Febct, Friday 29 September 2023, 00:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Febct

A recent visit to the MusicWeb International (to order some Acte Préalable CDs) site brings up only a blank page.

Searching via Google and the message is "permanently closed."

Is this true?  If so, what a shame.

John Boyer

I didn't take any of that from them. "Do you know who I am?", I said in my best privileged voice. It's working fine now.

TerraEpon

"We are doing essential maintenance work on the archive site, and it will be inaccessible for a few hours."

eschiss1

"We have a passenger here at Gate 14 who does not know who he is. If anyone can help him with his identity, please come to Gate 14" (sorry, sorry...)

Mark Thomas

"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" (Mark Twain). All seems to be working well now.

Alan Howe

Must have been a blip - or planned maintenance. It's up and working now.

TerraEpon

You guys know the quote I wrote was actually on the site right?

Jonathan

Hi all,
As a reviewer for MWI, I can report it was just down for maintenance.
Hope this helps,
Best regards
Jonathan

Febct

OK, folks - got it.  Thank you all.  (Although a search on Google still shows a "Mark Twain-type" obituary, on a red background, no less!)

However, the link from the homepage to Acte Préalable listings elicits a "404" error.  I imagine they will get this straightened out in due course.

Alan Howe

The site now reads:
We are doing essential maintenance work on the archive site, and it will be inaccessible for a few hours.

eschiss1

"Apparently, many of the misquoted versions stem from a Mark Twain biography by Albert Bigelow Paine published in 1912, two years after Twain's actual death. According to Paine's embellished version, Twain had told the reporter, "Just say the report of my death has been grossly exaggerated."" Over the years, this has become the Twain so-called "quote" above...

Alan Howe

The notice now reads:
We are doing essential maintenance work on the archive site, and it will be inaccessible for a few hours (or longer, it would seem). (my emphasis)

tc

It was a legitimate concern. The site MusicWeb-International.com no longer works. What everyone else talked about is MusicWebInternational.com. Despite a new address and a new appearance, it seems to be run by the same group of people, so presumably the same content. Now let's move on.

Febct

Quote from: tc on Saturday 30 September 2023, 13:22Now let's move on.

Aye, aye, Sir!  Movin' on.

(It's the only real portal to access and purchase, an a good price, those enterprising Acte Préalable CDs.  So, let's hope MusicWeb gets to "moving on" also.)

Alan Howe

Well, the MWI Archive is still being worked on, so we'll see what happens.