Raff piano music volumes 4-6

Started by Mark Thomas, Saturday 23 March 2013, 12:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Thomas

A quick update to confirm that contracts have been signed for the final three volumes of Tra Nguyen's survey of Raff's solo piano music for Grand Piano. The recording sessions will be in May, September and November this year so, judging by the release schedule of the first three in the series, I imagine that volume 4 should be with us by this time next year, with the other two following quite quickly. All bar one of the pieces on these CDs will be a première recording.

petershott@btinternet.com

Golly, but is that good news! I know that occasionally Tra herself looks into the Forum...so if she sees this then a heartfelt Thank You to her!

Alan Howe

Jonathan

Indeed (I am going to need a bigger house...)

edurban

Golly, and I just ordered vols 1 and 2 last night (they're on sale at Archiv)...

More shelves are in order, I guess.

David

Peter1953

Very wonderful news indeed. The first 3 volumes belong to the best piano music I bought over the last years and I'm absolutely sure the following 3 are of the same high quality. Both the music itself and the marvellous playing by Tra.

TerraEpon

I'm guessing the non-premier is the Three Morceaux, Op. 2

Can't wait to hear all the rest :)

Mark Thomas

Mark Thomas

A progress report: Tra completed the recording of Vol.4 today at the Wyastone Concert Hall.

Alan Howe