News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Recordings & Broadcasts / Re: Loeffler Octet
Last post by eschiss1 - Today at 00:38
Was there an old publication? The only Loeffler octet Worldcat lists is a wind octet by Alfred Loeffler...
Recordings & Broadcasts / Re: Loeffler Octet
Last post by Theodore S. - Today at 00:29
I'm genuinely looking forward to this one, Charles Martin Loeffler is one of my favorite American composers. I've been hoping this recording would be made available for a while now, and it has a release date! I do wonder about the manuscript in the Morgan Library, though, if that will at some point be made available as well (or maybe there will be a new publication?)
Composers & Music / Re: The English Heritage Music...
Last post by Reverie - Yesterday at 21:57
A beautifully crafted website. A wondeful resource! Thank you.
Fascinating and marvellous. I am really excited by this resource.
Thank you Matthias, a real find. I'm especially pleased to see there's a recording of a recent performance of Stanford's oratorio, The Three Holy Children. Fascinating.
Dear members,

I just noticed this resource which will certainly find resonance with you:

https://www.britishmusicsociety.co.uk/2024/05/series-unearths-scores-from-the-past/

The English Heritage Music Series, an initiative presented by the University of Minnesota's Library Publishing Services, now offers free access to musical compositions previously out of reach or long out of print.

Apart from full scores you will find downloadable midi realisations and a few audios of recent live performances.
Recordings & Broadcasts / Loeffler Octet
Last post by Alan Howe - Yesterday at 12:43
Recordings & Broadcasts / Re: Huber Piano Quintets
Last post by Alan Howe - Yesterday at 12:25
But only (so far) as a download. There's no mention of it yet at jpc - in any form.
A new version of these quintets is now out on CPO from the indefatigable Mr Triendl:

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/9626891--hans-huber-piano-quintets-1-2
Composers & Music / Re: Giovanni Bottesini
Last post by Alan Howe - Yesterday at 10:45
It's to do with timbre and tuning, I find. As I said, my loss.