News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Bru Zane future plans

Started by Ebubu, Monday 21 October 2019, 14:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Quote from: BerlinExpat on Thursday 17 November 2022, 15:07HOLMES's La Montagne Noire in Dortmund seems to have disappeared. Perhaps it was so dark they couldn't find it.

According to the newsletter sent earlier today by Palazzetto Bru Zane, one of their teams is still working on editing a score for Holmes's La Montagne Noire. Nothing about a coming performance, though.

In the same newsletter, they let us know that another team recently found scores by Félicien David and Cécile Chaminade that were previously considered to be lost. No details about which music it is (they certainly will say more eventually), but an exciting news, still!

eschiss1

Intriguing. Hopefully some day the full score (or set of parts) to Chaminade's Op.26 (Les amazones, discussed here awhile back on the basis of its surviving vocal score), for example, will turn up so :)

strelsa42

Regarding the Bru Zane project of a concert and recording of Ariane by Massenet, the concert is due to take place this coming Sunday, January 29 at 19.00H from the Prinzregententheater, Munich. It is being broadcast live on BR Klassik. A future cd release is projected. I do hope someone may be able to record the broadcast for listening prior to the eventual cd release.

Alan Howe

That a really great prospect. Thanks!

strelsa42

I am wondering if anyone was able to record the Ariane broadcast on BR Klassik on Sunday January 29 ?

BerlinExpat

HOLMES's La Montagne Noire in Dortmund has reappeared. The première is on 13.1.2024 with the following performances: 19.1.2024, 24.1.2024, 17.2.2024, 11.4.2024 & 10.5.2024

Ebubu

Quote from: strelsa42 on Sunday 12 February 2023, 02:53I am wondering if anyone was able to record the Ariane broadcast on BR Klassik on Sunday January 29 ?

Yes.I'll upload it.
We also have the Herodiade, By Daniele Rustioni broadcast from the Théatre des Champs-Elysées in Paris.

BerlinExpat

Hulda will be released on 23 June, Ariane on 8 September and Aux étoiles - French Symphonic Poems by Henri Duparc, Alfred Bruneau, Charlotte Sohy, Ernest Giraud... with the Orchestre national de Lyon, conducted by Nikolaj Szeps-Znaider on 20 October

Alan Howe

Thanks for the update. Very encouraging.

Christopher

Quote from: BerlinExpat on Thursday 17 November 2022, 15:07SAINT-SAËNS's Déjanire was performed in Monte Carlo on 16th October this year. A studio recording was made during the previous week!

Do you know if there is any update on the release of this recording? It is mentioned here - https://bru-zane.com/en/evento/dejanire-2/ - but with no details.

strelsa42

Thanks so much to Ebubu for the "Massenet" downloads.

BerlinExpat

I have tried several times to find some information about the proposed releases of Déjanire and Lancelot but have been unsucessful. There's a short excerpt of the concert performance of Déjanire in youTube. There are now three excerpts from Lancelot in youTube, two of which probably make up the complete first act as they are labelled scenes I and 2. The third is an excerpt from act 4.

Ebubu

It doesn't look like the complete Lancelot will ever be published.  There doesn't seem to have been a studio recording alongside the stage production... Maybe we'll get further excerpts on YT, like the 3 that have been uploaded, but chances still look slim...

Ebubu

Quote from: strelsa42 on Tuesday 16 May 2023, 05:32Thanks so much to Ebubu for the "Massenet" downloads.
Most welcome !

Aragion

Quote from: Christopher on Monday 15 May 2023, 18:03
Quote from: BerlinExpat on Thursday 17 November 2022, 15:07SAINT-SAËNS's Déjanire was performed in Monte Carlo on 16th October this year. A studio recording was made during the previous week!

Do you know if there is any update on the release of this recording? It is mentioned here - https://bru-zane.com/en/evento/dejanire-2/ - but with no details.

It is said on the Palazzetto Bru Zane website about Saint-Saëns's "Déjanire": Recording for the 'French opera' series - Bru Zane Label