Heinrich – Sangmin Jeon, Tenor
Peter – Erik Rousi, Bass
Röschen – Mariya Taniguchi, Sopran
Ein Hausierer – Zachary Wilson, Bariton
Ein Jäger – Hak-Young Lee, Bariton
Chor der Wuppertaler Bühnen
Sinfonieorchester Wuppertal
Leitung: Patrick Hahn

Given the time allotted for the broadcast I guess Schönberg's Erwartung will be included.
g
Composers & Music / Re: what is this piece?
Last post by Theodore S. - Yesterday at 00:39
Quote from: semloh on Sunday 10 March 2024, 12:08At last! It's the charming set of English Folk Dances by Ernest Tomlinson, starting with "Jenny Pluck Pears". now I can sleep easy!  ;D

A bit late, but this is great news! Thank you for finding this piece.
Hello again,
It's true, I have sent Bartje Bartmans a number of these Svetlanov pieces. However, almos everything he's posted was already on the internet, except for the Aria for viola, which is from a vinyl in my collection.

A friend of mine has been digitizing from a vinyl with several piano pieces, which he's been posting on his channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE6dHsIqDJs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8w5jJxq494

In other news, I now believe the Svetlanov Violin Sonata recording with Eduard Grach may be held in the studios of GOSTELRADIOFOND in Russia (they have a few channels on YouTube, with digitized TV broadcasts and reel-to-reel phonogram tapes, among other things). My friend actually wrote about digitizing a couple other broadcasts in their collection, but found out that the price for a digitization can be anywhere from 5-100 euros per minute. We'll probably just have to wait for either a new recording of the Sonata (and other pieces recorded reel-to-reel), or wait for GOSTELRADIOFOND to release the recordings of their own volition.
Recordings & Broadcasts / Re: Recording of Raff's Samson
Last post by Gareth Vaughan - Friday 26 April 2024, 12:11
It does sound truly splendid. I am looking forward very much to this release.
Recordings & Broadcasts / Re: Recording of Raff's Samson
Last post by Alan Howe - Friday 26 April 2024, 11:56
It's wonderful to catch even a morsel of this lovely music. Thanks, Mark.
Composers & Music / Re: Sir Andrew Davis dies 20th...
Last post by eschiss1 - Friday 26 April 2024, 00:34
How's the Holst series he did for Chandos, with such underrecorded works as the Choral Symphony e.g.?
(I'm going to go listen to his premiere of a symphony by R Simpson, a work I've heard under other hands. Would that more fine conductors -now- cared about great unsung music.)
Recordings & Broadcasts / Re: Music by Evgeny Svetlanov
Last post by tuatara442442 - Friday 26 April 2024, 00:20
Theodore, are you cooperating with Bartje Bartmans recently? What are your newly discovered recordings aside from what he has uploaded?
Composers & Music / Re: Sibelius The Wood Nymph
Last post by Alan Howe - Thursday 25 April 2024, 18:51
Actually the Wood Nymph contains plenty of music that is also proleptic of Sibelius' later works - especially the opening which looks forward to the 5th Symphony and, in its moments of sheer wildness, to Tapiola. What an amazingly original composer he was - virtually from the word go.
Recordings & Broadcasts / BBC Proms 2024 Season
Last post by Alan Howe - Thursday 25 April 2024, 18:45
Having scanned today's release of details, I find that there are some concerts of interest in the upcoming season:

22nd July: Schoenberg 'Pelleas und Melisande' & Zemlinsky 'Die Seejungfrau' (BBCNOW/Ryan Bancroft)

5th August: Busoni Piano Concerto (Ben Grosvenor/LPO/Gardner)

12th August: Farrenc Overture No.17 (BBCNOW/Nil Venditti)

27th August: Suk 'Asrael' Symphony (Czech Philharmonic/Hrusa)

13th September: Farrenc Symphony No.3 (Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment/Manacorda)