Fibich - Pád Arkuna

Started by BerlinExpat, Saturday 11 October 2014, 21:52

Previous topic - Next topic

BerlinExpat

Prague again!
I attended the second première of Fibich's complete Pád Arkuna (Helga as Prologue and Dargun as a 3 act opera) yesterday and can only urge anyone who's a Fibich fan and able to get to Prague to do so. Further performances 12th & 20th October 2014 as well as 28 January 2015 and 9th & 18th April 2015.
It was a production that won't be forgotten in a hurry and the music IMHO was Fibich at his best and a great pity that this opera apparently hasn't been staged for over 80 years. I was unable to discover if a recording has or is going to be made although it was filmed on a single camera yesterday - I presume for in-house consumption. Czech Television is listed in the programme as media partner, but there's no mention of possible transmission, DVD or CD. I feel it would be a disgrace if nothing is done to preserve such a deserving production. Total time is 2 hours 45 minutes!

Aramiarz

Dear BerlinExpat

I like very much Fibich's music, it's awful that one very important rescue doesn't recording!

I wait that anyone make it! This oper from what year was? Fibich was 1850-1900, And You said that is one Master work!

BerlinExpat

Dear Aramiarz
The première of Pád Arkuna was on November 9th 1900, but sadly Fibich went down with pneumonia during the preparations at the National Theatre in Prague and died on October 15th. He is buried in the same cemetery at Vysehrad as Dvorák and Smetana.