Hans Huber(1852-1921): a Catalogue of the Music

Started by Dundonnell, Thursday 21 June 2012, 19:07

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

... hrm. I thought there was a commercial recording of the 2nd quintet, but now I'm not so sure. There's one of the first quintet coupled with a 2nd recording of the 1st piano quartet (so, opp.111 in g, 117 in E) (the first of op.117 "Waldlieder", was on LP with Hans-Heinz Schneeberger @ violin, a ca.1964 LP- which I've heard...  Hrm.

- yes, I know he has since recorded the violin part in the same composer's 5th symphony, or rather I was just reminded of this.)
Might convert those 2nd-quintet YouTubes for my own (hedonistic :) ) use, anyway. Thanks for pointing them out...

jerfilm

I have it and can upload it if anyone is interested.

J

Richard Moss

Sometime last year I noticed on YOUTUBE a performance of Huber's 4th PC (with the end-part missing).  Performers were Timon Altwegg (piano), Lebanese Philharmonic Orchestra, conductor Wojciech Czepiel in a live performance recorded by Lebanese RTV.  Timon explained (on his YT posting of the work) that the last part was missing because Lebanese RTV has 'mislaid' it.

Does anyone have any further information on how this music came to be performed (earlier UC notes said the score was incomplete) and whether a full performance is commercially available?

Cheers

Richard