Josef Bohuslav Foerster Followup - Spring is in the air

Started by jasthill, Sunday 24 April 2022, 01:34

Previous topic - Next topic

jasthill

Stumbling around the internet in my idle time with focused meandering I came across this announcement link: (https://english.radio.cz/new-czech-radio-cd-welcomes-arrival-spring-8747046), to wit Rozhlasová jarní ouvertura (Radio Spring Overture) featuring music by: Otakar Jeremiáš: Jarní (Spring) Overture, Op. 9, and Jarní (Spring) Suite, moods for orchestra; Josef Suk: Jaro (Spring), op. 22a - complete suite fully orchestrated by ?, and Josef Bohuslav Foerster: Jaro (Spring), lyrical suite for string orchestra and harp, op. 84.

Further perusal on the site's web page show a digital release of Martinů: Istar. Ballet suites with Jiří Waldhans and the Brno Philharmonic (circa 1975) presumably a digital remaster and not a LP rip.

eschiss1

This link from what I assume is a related site may be the same recordings and provides recording dates also (in Czech) (1973, 1974, 2002, 2004 but not in that order) and other information. It does not seem to provide the arranger for the Suk - perhaps it's Dedecek's work, see Boosey.