News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Raff's new web site.

Started by John H White, Monday 20 July 2009, 10:35

Previous topic - Next topic

John H White

I see, from your latest e-mail on up-dates Mark, that the Raff web site has at last risen like the Phoenix from its ashes. Congratulations on what must be the culmination of much hard work on your part! :)

Mark Thomas

Thanks John. Actually, the site has been back online since late April, less the Forums of course. What I haven't done since then is update it. Mainly that was down to what I can best describe as a general computer/internet weariness after the hacking attacks and a major domestic hard disk failure. Also "real life" got in the way! Anyway, it should be back onto a regular beginning of each month update schedule by the end of the year, with the next update at the beginning of September.

Peter1953

Mark, I can say without hesitation that the Raff website is the best of the websites on composers I know. Beautifully designed, very informative in every respect, nice selection of music excerpts, frequently updated with news; I think it must give any interested visitor a very good idea what Raff is all about. In fact it's a fantastic Raff promotion. Congratulations for this great job!

If you have some spare time... Anton Rubinstein.... ?? No, no, please don't respond.  ;D

Mark Thomas

Thanks, Peter. It's a labour of love and I don't love Rubinstein enough I'm afraid...

mbhaub

I would like to point out an additional upcoming concert to add:

On Oct. 25, the Fine Arts String Orchestra, an offspring of Warren Cohen's MusicaNova has the Raff string quartet no. 7 scheduled in an arrangement for larger string ensemble.

John H White

I can't agree more with Peter about your new Raff site Mark. What I cannot understand is why you never apparently publicised the fact that it was back up and running in April. You're far too modest Mark! ;D

Mark Thomas

Thanks for the heads up about the Fine Arts String Orchestra performance, Martin. I'll add it to the News page. Do you happen to know the venue and time? The MusicaNova site gives neither.

mbhaub

That info is still be worked on.

Mark Thomas

monafam

Do you have a link to this site?  Thanks!

Peter1953

Off-topic, but wow... Raff's gorgeous PC is scheduled for broadcast on the Dutch Radio 4 on Saturday the 29th between 17:00 and 18:00 hours (local time) in a programme on "forgotten piano music". How many years ago was the last broadcast? It's the VOX CD with Michael Ponti on the piano and the Hamburg Symphony Orchestra conducted by Richard Knapp. Many listeners will be dining or wining at the time, so I hope they are going to be overwhelmed by Raff's masterpiece, undoubtedly one of the greatest neglected jewels of the romantic era. Let's hope many CD dealers will face backorders in the following week...

And the German WDR 3 will broadcast Raff's Othello on Friday the 4th between 12:00 and 15:00 hours.

What a pampering so suddenly...  :)

Pengelli

I bought the Raff 5 (Tudor),after reading comments on
this website. Never heard him  before. Wonderful music.

Pengelli

I will try the 3rd next as I like forests (not that there are
many round here!).

Peter1953

A few days ago I came home from Canada, where I almost got lost in the forests...  :)
Raff won't disappoint you, I know for sure!