News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Matsumura on Naxos

Started by eschiss1, Wednesday 13 July 2011, 00:51

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

I've seen interesting (meant positively) reviews of Naxos' ongoing series of music by 20th-century Japanese composers. Wikipedia gives some indication of what Teizo Matsumura's symphonies (1965 and 1998), from this latest release (Ravel and Stravinsky??) might sound like but they're referring to all of his music, not these works in particular- does anyone know these works (if they do and that they are too modern for this forum, will delete- was curious.

One of the earlier releases in the series- different composer and a few decades-earlier music, though- suggested belated Romanticism or at least something like it from the review I read. Worse comes to wurst, I can try to catch it on some streaming radio station, of course, or something... or get Naxos to fix the problem with my account there)

TerraEpon

I've given up trying to listen at Naxos.com. I think I've emailed them four times to make them fix my account to actually work over the years. Thankfully there's always a multitude of places to listen to samples of Naxos releases, even if it's only 30 seconds

Matsumura's is here: http://www.classicsonline.com/catalogue/product.aspx?pid=486094