News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Ludomir Rozycki

Started by Amphissa, Thursday 14 January 2010, 16:37

Previous topic - Next topic

markniew

You can find link to the Piano Quintet by Rozycki in the Downloads.

below are details (copy from my CDR "cover")

Ludomir  Różycki    1884-1953                         
Kwintet fortepianowy c op. 35  (1913)            
I  Allegro moderato  14:30      
II  Adagio   11:27
III  Allegro giocoso  14:30
Kazimierz Janas, I skrzypce /   Henryk Gruszka, II skrzypce
Zygmunt Jochemczyk, altówka  /   Leon Mielimąka,  wiolonczela
Maria Szwajgier-Kułakowska,  fortepian

recorded off Polish Radio - in 2001. at that time, due to let say saving capacity of CDRs I did not registered either names of movements and performers. I can see that my own burnt CDR was included into my inventory in June 2001 so most probably I took it off radio approximately at that time.

markniew

Quote from: thalbergmad on Sunday 17 April 2011, 22:50
As far as I am aware, Maliszewski, Pachulski (Fantasia) & Zelenski PC's only exist as radio broadcasts, along with Dobrzynski and Nowowiejski. Why they have not been commercially recorded I do not know. The Zelenski is a belter of a romantic concerto and would grace any label.

If anyone plans to do them, would they please also consider the Sowinski PC the two by Henryk Bobinski and best of all the Borowski (althought he was born in UK).

In fact, any composer ending in "ski". Seems to be a recipe for success.

Thal

Thal,

It has been already corrected that Pachulski's Fantasia was issued on CD few years ago.
you are right that there exist only radio archive recordings of pf ctos by Maliszewski (two performances), Zelenski (two performances) and Nowowiejski (one). plus Nawrocki (one), plus Gablenz (one) and a number of others.

how you get knowledge about ctos by Sowinski and Bobinski, they have never been registered - as far as I know.

Much more pf ctos were composed by Polish composers, only notes about them can be found in dictionaries. For example by Witold Frieman (two), Szeluto (supposedly 6 - with him te sitation is not clear, he suffered mental disorder and made "phantastic" rich list of his own compositions but nobody knows what was the truth). Also Juliusz Wertheim - close friend of Artur Rubinstein (present in the Rubinstein's memoires as Fryderyk Harman). All of them much to - at least - my regret were never recorded.

britishcomposer

Marek, you mentioned Apolinary Szeluto. Do you have anything by him for possible upload? I've been looking for some time after his music since I heard his name in a German radio feature on Szymanowski and Mloda Polska. The fact that the author called him 'unimportant and forgotten' roused my interest! ;)

eschiss1

Strongly seconded re Szeluto...

markniew

some additional info on the pf cto by Ignacy Dobrzynski.

there exist, apart of the CD by Selene with Jerzy Sterczynski, also CD recently issued by the Frederic Chopin Institute with Howard Shelley. Dobrzynski is coupled with the lovely cto by Franciszek Lessel.

markniew

as to Szeluto, situation is very poor
I do have only that:

Mazurek E op. 38                                      Sobkowicz Elżbieta      my CDR
Mazurek fis op. 58 ""Skarga sieroty"""      Sobkowicz Elżbieta      my CDR
5 preludiów na fortepian                      Korecka Maria      my CDR
Sonata F na wiolonczelę i fortepian op. 9 (1906)   Wróbel Andrzej / Tatarski Andrzej                   CD   DUX
Kwartet smyczkowy Es op. 72 (1930)      Camerata Vistula Quartet                                   CD   DUX
Sonata D na skrzypce i fortepian op. 73 (1931)   Kulka Konstanty Andrzej / Tatarski Andrzej   CD   DUX

britishcomposer

Ah, there's at least a CD! :)
And amazon offers sound samples. This will do for a start. Thanks!

eschiss1

yep, according to Worldcat.org Dux released that around 2008. as to Dobrzynski, I have the Shelley recording (a copy) - rather good.

eschiss1

By the way, which Polish Radio station is PLPR? (looked at a list of Polish classical radio stations and none seems to have those initials)

Alan Howe

A quick reminder, if I may: it may not be very helpful to other forum members to veer off in other, albeit related directions, in particular if it concerns a different composer. May I encourage you to start a new thread if you are going to discuss someone different, like Szeluto?

markniew

In the Dowloads you can find:

Ludomir Różycki (1884-1953)
Cello Sonata in A Minor op. 10 (1906)

Tomasz Strahl, cello
Edward Wolanin, Piano

/off radio recording, July 2004/

Dundonnell

My apologies if this has been mentioned previously but I have found a recording of Rozycki's Ballet-Pantomine "Pan Twardowski" played by the Moscow State Opera Orchestra under Ztitslav Gorzynski.

Any interest?

markniew

It s, most probablu, a suite from the ballet. Full version has been issued few years ago by Polskie NAgrania (2CD set).
In the Soviet recording conductor must be Zdzislaw Gorzynski.

markniew

And Gorzynski was also a conductor of the suite on the LP by Polskie Nagrania (Muza) then reissued on Olympia's CD with the Orchestra of the Warsaw State Opera House.

markniew

In the Downloads/Polish Music the following can be found:

LUDOMIR  RÓŻYCKI    (1884-1953)
1.  Stańczyk – Symphonic Scherzo op. 1   (1904)
Polish Radio Orchestra of Krakow / Jerzy Salwarowski

2.  Caton's Valse from the 3rd act of Opera "Casanova"    (1922)
Katarzyna Jagiełło - Soprano / Polish Radio Orchestra [of Warsaw] / Łukasz Borowicz