Assad, ein Bürger - Eduard Katz
Daniel, sein Bruder - Josef Michael Linnek
Gesandter von Mesopotamien - Martin Tzonev
Ein Trabant - Egbert Herold
Eine weibliche Stimme - Nina Unden
Chor des Theater Bonn
Beethoven Orchester Bonn
Leitung: Jacques Lacombe

The opera will be repeated in WDR on June 19th at 20:05 and SWR2 on 10th July 2016 at 20:03.

On all occasions I can't record as I'm in other theatres so I hope someone else will. It's an opportunity not to be missed as it's the first staging since WWII.

I can't ascertain if CPO will take it into their Reznicek series.

adriano

Sounds exciting, BerlinExpat :-)
Will record it in any case, but that it is "repeated" a week before its first broadcast I dont't understand... :-)
It's incredible what all goes on in Germany's Theatres as far as unsung repertoire is concerned!

BerlinExpat

Sorry, I didn't know about WDR broadcasting it first as I only had the printed programme for DRK.
You're right Hadrianus. Coming next season is Hahn's The Merchant of Venice in Bielefeld, Atterberg's Aladin in Braunschweig, Zandonai's Giulietta e Romeo in Braunschweig and Erfurt (as far as I can make out two different productions and not before time), Gàl's Das Lied der Nacht in Osnabrück, Mussorgski's Sorochinsky Fair in Berlin (Komische Oper) and Korngold's Das Wunder der Heliane in Freiburg -albeit as a concert performance!

adriano

Thanks BerlinExpat, again  ;)
This is terrific! Zandonai's Opera is one of my favorite of that period. Unfortunately it had already been drastically cut before the score was published. And even the published version is always being cut for theatrical performances.

minacciosa

Wow. All the really interesting opera stuff happens in Europe. Here we get retreads of the same old stuff, or brand new things that likely can't hold a candle to the great and good that's come before. You get Gal, Reznicek, Korngold, Hahn; we get Dead Man Walking.

Alan Howe

Don't worry, we don't get it here in the UK either. The best we can hope for is rare verismo from the likes of Opera Holland Park (this year: Iris). 

edurban

We have Iris at Bard this summer.  Seems to be going around.
Caramoor usually offers 2 rarities.  This year one is Rossini's Aureliano in Palmira, a true rarity even if chunks of it were reused in Barber.  The other 'rarity' is....Fidelio.

adriano

That "Iris" recording with Domingo and Tokody from 1988 is superbly sung - and conducted by Giuseppe Patané, who died a year later  during a performance of "Il Barbiere di Sivglia". 15 years ago I worked with Francesca, one of her two very beautiful daughters, who was invited to sing at the Zurich Opera.

Alan Howe

Agreed, Adriano. It's one of the operatic catalogue's glories.

BerlinExpat

Is anyone going to remember to record from WDR today or DRK next Saturday? I'm in a theatre on both occasions.

adriano

Have a rehearsal that afternoon-evening, but will try to go home as quickly as possible :-)

Mark Thomas

I'll only be able to record the WDR repeat on 10th July.

adriano

Hi Marc and hi BerlinExpat  :)
My recording of Holofernes came out quite well. Fortunately I always use two sources (cable radio and internet radio). Cable radio broke down after 1 hour, but the internet source worked! We are having horrible weather over here - including floods. Funny that the less reliable source worked and the other one not!
To whom can I send my MP3 transfers? I have them also in .wave formats.
Enjoy! It's splendid music. Respighi would have loved/appreciated this piece!

minacciosa

Alan Howe

QuoteTo whom can I send my MP3 transfers?

mediafire.com would seem a good choice for an upload...