York Bowen solo piano works, on Hyperion

Started by Sharkkb8, Tuesday 06 October 2020, 00:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharkkb8

Hyperion will release an album of less familiar (to me anyway) York Bowen solo piano pieces:  "Fragments from Hans Andersen", "2 Studies op. 46", and "2 Concert Studies". Once again this is to be found on Apple, I don't see it yet at Presto or Amazon.  Unless I somehow missed it, it's not even on Hyperion's own site.   :o

https://music.apple.com/us/album/bowen-fragments-from-hans-andersen-studies/1532405662

4candles

Thanks for the heads up on this. The music certainly sounds engaging, from the samples available.

I'm glad to see more of the solo piano works – I had suggested the solo works of Bowen to Grand Piano some time ago, including the Études included in this recording, but it's good to see any label picking up this repertoire.

jonah

The cover is shown on the Hyperion website, as 'coming soon', but the print is too small to decipher.
Does anyone have a Hyperion contact who could give details?

eschiss1

What sort of details? Apple Music says it will contain Fragments from Hans Anderson, Opp.58/61 (10 tracks); tracks 11 and 12 are the concert studies Op.9 no.2 in G-flat and Op.32 in F; tracks 13-24 are the 12 studies, Op.46, played by Nicolas Namoradze. More detailed information is at the apple.com link above. (It's possible you meant the release date or the CDA # of the CD, in which case my apologies...)