News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Server

Started by albion, Monday 04 April 2011, 22:13

Previous topic - Next topic

albion

Has the server gone haywire today? I've had all sorts of problems with 'internal server error' messages, frozen posts, error screens, etc., or it could just be the p***-poor service from Virgin Media of course.  ;)

Mark Thomas

No, the server has been all over the place, I'm afraid. I've been out all day and was only aware of it this evening. I've contacted the hosting company to see what the problem is. Clearly it's them and not UC per se, but that doesn't make things any less frustrating.

Mark Thomas

I'm assured by the hosting company that yesterday's problems, which needless to say they didn't specify, are now behind us. Fingers crossed as we type in the url, then...

albion

Thanks, Mark - things seem to be OK this morning!  :)

Dundonnell

I was unable to access the site for around 12 hours- from around 3.00pm until 3.00am UK time :( :(

Since there appear to have been no posts during that period can I presume that the problem was with the Server ???

Jimfin

I guess so: I couldn't get in for ages.

JimL

Me neither.  I thought my employers were spying on me.  8)

TerraEpon

FWIW, a good site to see if "it's just you" is:
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Mark Thomas

Our host server suffered a DDOS (Distributed Denial Of Service) attack. The result was first that the server slowed down to the extent that any other traffic is choked off and then the host company closed it down to kill off the attack and also to prevent damage to the server. I understand that this was severe attack and that the server was damaged as a consequence. Although enough repairs have been made to get things up and running, there will be knock-on consequences for a few days which will involve slow speeds at times (like now) and possibly short-term outages. As far as I can establish, the UC installation and data was undamaged and in any event data is backed up daily.

There are some nice folks around, aren't there?

semloh

Sorry to hear this happened, Mark.  :(

I thought the waves (or maybe particles!) were having difficulty finding their way through the ether to me here in Queensland.  ;D

Ser Amantio di Nicolao

I thought the office firewall had gone haywire again.

Or should I have admitted that?  ;D