Russian & Soviet Music

Started by Mark Thomas, Friday 17 June 2011, 03:21

Previous topic - Next topic

fyrexia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIRAxzc3amI&feature=related

I suggest the modern music lovers, listen to this part of the Poloz 5th symphony.
Denial and genius !

Tony

Balapoel

Hi Herrarte,
Where have you uploaded these Alexandrov pieces? I cannot find them in the Russian and Soviet Music downloads page.
Thanks,
Balapoel

Quote from: herrarte on Sunday 10 July 2011, 21:43
Fyrexia,

I have uploaded the Alexandrov Sonatas 4,8 and 13 and the other pieces.  I uploaded the files uncompressed so nobody has a problem opening the tracks. I think my favorite is No8, you might agree. Ah, thanks for the Machavariani.

Cheers,

Christopher

Quote from: fyrexia on Monday 11 July 2011, 15:59
Since you posted a concerto for trumpet. I thought perhaps you might want this one.
http://www.mediafire.com/?efioycqnsnm6ldi

Kryukov Concerto Poem for Trumpet and Orchestra.
Information inside a pdf file.

Hi Fyrexia - do you know if this is the same Kryukov who wrote film scores to Soviet movies - most notably one of the scores that is used for the 1925 Eisenstein classic "Battleship Potemkin"? (and by the way - would you have a recording of that?  I recorded it 18 years from video player to cassette player so of course the quality is terrible!). According to Wikipedia, Kryukov wrote his soundtrack in 1950 (the original score was by Edmund Meisel, I don't like it). Are there any other recordings of Kryukov music or film-music?

fyrexia

This is the only kryukov recording i have. I am not aware of any potemkin battleship with music by kryukov. The last time i saw the Potemkin battleship was with music by Dmitri Shostakovich.

Tony

Mark Thomas

Belated thanks A.S. for Kalachevsky's Ukrainian Symphony. I've never heard of the guy and the symphony isn't a huge discovery, but it's very enjoyable music - a bit like a very Russian Anton Rubinstein. Thanks a lot. Keep 'em coming!

lechner1110

Thank you very much to listen my uploads.

By the way...
   I noticed to linked wrong URL about A.KLYUCHAREV's Volga symphony.
   I modified it now.

Enjoy it.

A.S

lechner1110

Dear  Sicmu.

Thank you very much , you uploaded  Yurovsky's Symphony No.4.
  It's very rare,  and I'm enjoying to listen it ;)

Thanks  A.S

britishcomposer

Thanks, Sicmu!
The finale struck me particularly - like cribbed from Prokofiev!
I cannot find much information about him in the web but it is said that he preferred to attend Prokofiev's burial instead of Stalin's. ;)
I have a broadcast of the world premiere of his Symphony No. 5 op. 79 (1971) played by the RSO Berlin and conducted by his son Mikhail (2005). Anyone interested?

Sicmu

You are welcome, many more on the way !

I have a MP3 of the fifth too but the sound is very poor, so I'm definitely interested in your version !

Sicmu

Thank you for the Yurovsky : your recording  sounds much better than mine and  the beginning of the symphony was also missing. This last symphony sounds maybe much like Golubev/Myaskovky than DSCH IMO.

Christopher

I uploaded Isaak Dunaevsky's operetta "Free Wind" ("Vol'ny Veter" in Russian) in the downloads section  -  hope you enjoy! 

Isaak Dunaevsky - 1900-1955 (can I say it would really help if users also put the dates of composers when they put material up here - it helps one to filter what one is likely to enjoy/not enjoy!)

jerfilm

Two of Taranov's symphonic poems were on Melodiya lps - Gouramyshvili, opus 32 (sym poem) and Three Monuments in C, opus 46 (sym poem) - I have them but they are not digitized and I'm not at home.

Jerry

eschiss1

Re Taranov, thanks. I only knew that the 6th sym. and I think poss. one of his string quartets had reached LP (or maybe the quartet had been released as score like the -5th- symphony also was, is what I'm thinking of. Will have to check again.)
I wonder how Wasilenko's symphonies have fared on LP and in radio broadcast...

jerfilm

I'm assuming that Vasilenko is the same name.  His Symphony #3 in A- Italian, opus 81 was on a Melodiya Lp years ago as were numerous other works.  Including a Piano Concerto in f# (!!!)

Jerry

eschiss1

Yes- 5 symphonies in all, I think, the first at IMSLP (in piano duet reduction, anyway).