Russian & Soviet Music

Started by Mark Thomas, Friday 17 June 2011, 03:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

Quote from: jerfilm on Sunday 14 August 2011, 16:00
I'm assuming that Vasilenko is the same name.  His Symphony #3 in A- Italian, opus 81 was on a Melodiya Lp years ago as were numerous other works.  Including a Piano Concerto in f# (!!!)

Jerry

Jerry - do you have any more info on the Piano Concerto?

Alan Howe

lechner1110

Hi Christopher.

I have Vasilenko's Piano concerto.
  I will upload today.

A.S

Christopher

Thanks A/S/!   Do you also have the symphony which you mention, or other orchestral works of his?  I have his trumpet concerto, Turkmen Suite, and I think also a saxophone concerto (need to check that one!) but not much else.

Sicmu

I have Vasilenko's symphony no.3 but you have to know it is scored for folk orchestra, if you are still interested I will upload it next week ( I'm currently out of town).

Christopher

Yes I would be very interested - many thanks!

lechner1110

Christopher

Vasilenko's work I have are Piano concerto and Trumpet concerto only.
  I want to listen his symphonies.
  But, I guess his recorded symphony is No.3 only.
  Other symphonies are probably unrecorded.

Symphony 1 in G minor, Op. 10 (1906)
                   2 in F, Op. 22 (1913)
                   4 in D minor, Op. 82 "Arctic" (1934)
                   5 in E minor, Op. 123 (1947)

A.S

Christopher

Quote from: Christopher on Monday 15 August 2011, 16:53
Thanks A/S/!   Do you also have the symphony which you mention, or other orchestral works of his?  I have his trumpet concerto, Turkmen Suite, and I think also a saxophone concerto (need to check that one!) but not much else.

I must correct my previous entry - it's not a saxophone concerto I have but a balalaika concerto!

eschiss1

His viola sonata has been already recorded on Naxos and can be heard online at the end of a recent-ish Concertzender program here
A search for Vasilenko on Worldcat reveals only about a dozen LPs or so and a couple of CDs, say (though searching for variant spellings of the name and cyrillic would probably reveal more).

fyrexia

A.S

As for the Barvinsky Concerto. The performers are
Maria Krushelnitska / Orchestra of the Study Opera of the State Mykola Kolessa Musical High Institute / Yuri Lutsiv.

All best,

Tony

fyrexia

Who happens to have recordings of Dvarionas Symphony or Vainiunas Symphony in C Sharp Minor?
Both composers wrote excellent piano concertos AND violin concertos. But i have not heard the only symphonies they have written.
I know there is a 2010 released recording which has the Vainiunas Symphony coupled with his Piano Concerto No.4, as i am trying to buy the cd. And there is also and 50`s released LP.
As for Dvarionas, i am not really sure if it was released on LP?
Would appreciate if anybody has these 2 works !

All best,

Tony

Christopher

Quote from: fyrexia on Thursday 25 August 2011, 14:39
A.S

As for the Barvinsky Concerto. The performers are
Maria Krushelnitska / Orchestra of the Study Opera of the State Mykola Kolessa Musical High Institute / Yuri Lutsiv.

All best,

Tony

Does anyone else think that the Barvinsky piano concerto sounds like a good concerto that is badly played in this recording?  It would be great to get it re-done!

markniew

I believe there exists only one recording of the Barvinsky's Cto and it was issued few years ago in Ukraine on the 2Cds set named Treasures of the Piano Music of Galitsia. It is played by Maria Krushelnitska with Orchestra of the Operatic Faculty of the State Mykola Kolessa Musical High Institute of Lvov, conducted by Yuri Lutsiv.
in the same set there is also pf cto by Stanislav Ludkevich

fyrexia

I have to say, the lyudkevich cto (no.3) is pretty boring for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swj5X9Fw4eg

Here is my upload from long time ago.

Tony

Christopher

Quote from: markniew on Monday 29 August 2011, 22:09
I believe there exists only one recording of the Barvinsky's Cto and it was issued few years ago in Ukraine on the 2Cds set named Treasures of the Piano Music of Galitsia. It is played by Maria Krushelnitska with Orchestra of the Operatic Faculty of the State Mykola Kolessa Musical High Institute of Lvov, conducted by Yuri Lutsiv.
in the same set there is also pf cto by Stanislav Ludkevich

Do you have any more information about that 2CD set?  What other works are on there apart from Ludkevych and Barvinsky?  Putting "Treasures of the Piano Music of Galitsia" in google yields no results....