Moscheles and Novak

Started by Mark Thomas, Monday 04 July 2011, 13:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Thomas

A warm welcome to Herrarte, coupled with thanks for the uploads of the Moscheles Piano Concerto No.8 and Novak's Autumn Symphony. Great stuff!

fyrexia

Thanks for the Novak specially ! I have not yet downloaded the Moscheles No.8, which i assume is the same recording with Ian Hobson and the Sinfonia de Camera.

Tony

herrarte

Well, thanks for the enthusiastic welcome to this GREAT place.
To answer the question... yes, it is the same recording of the broadcast discussed here before. I hope the cover is to your liking, I take pride in saying the Novak is also mine.
Fyrexia, you will be especially pleased when I upload some, Lysenko, Kosenko and Balanchivadze Melodiya piano albums that I got a few years ago, I also have some Lyatoshinsky and Alexandrov that I have yet to transfer to my PC. They're out of print but if I can't upload and share 'em here then I will send word on how to get them. I also have the Novak Piano Concerto with both Koumal and Rauch as soloists.

Read you later,

herrarte

fyrexia

Herrarte,

I am deeply interested in more recordings of Alexandrov! All i have from the lps are the Concerto Symphony for piano and orchestra op.102 and the Symphony No.1, and his Piano Sonata No.14 played by Victor Bunin. I hope to hear his other sonatas ! Well the No.3 and 4 has been released on hyperion, and yakov zak has a recording of the No.2.
I believe there is one of the alexandrov sonatas played by victor bunin, that comes with Ryazanov 12 preludes. Those preludes in really great piece, although i never had the chance to hear them, but just play them by myself.
I do not have any albums on music by Lysenko. And this sounds highly interesting. Lysenko like his contemporaries Arseny Koreshchenko, are really great ukrainian composers. The balanchivadze piano music i have ever had in my life was his 12 Romantic Piano Pieces. Which i had uploaded actually on youtube. (my account now being "fyrexianoff"). I do have the Koumal ( think) recording of the Novak PC. Indeed is quite a work !

All best,

Tony

britishcomposer

Deutschlandradio has broadcast Lysenko's 'Taras Bulba' TWICE over the last few years! Also Gulag-Artemovsky's 'Zaporozhets za Dunayem'. (Ukrainian productions.)

eschiss1

not sure if it's made it to LP, but I have already digitized a quartet (either no2 or 3- need to check) by Lyatoshinski from LP I think. I will try to get a relevant account soon and upload that, I think... great news on the Novak pno concerto (has anyone ever recorded his violin concerto in some form?) etc.!

(edit : from LP . from LP... it's a 1977-or-so LP - here - the original was coupled with one of his piano trios. Liatoshinskii quartet no.2 in A major op.4 played by the Lysenko quartet, piano trio no.1 op.7. apologies for tangent again, will look for that account...)

JimL

There's a YouTube performance of the Novak PC, but the three movements are split up, and from what I've heard, the first two, at least, run together, so it's hard to follow.

eschiss1

hrm. wonder what the provenance of that Novak PC recording is ... odd, the piano concerto seems not to have been published even in 2 piano reduction until 1949, it would seem (ed. by Karel Solc?). So a very "non-PD-US" score (until 2043 under current law, I believe, or longer depending) if there's a proper copyright date on it, unfortunately, unlike the violin concerto a score of which came out before 1923 (1920, Bosworth.) hrm...

Rainolf

Novak's Autumn Symphony is a great and astonishing composition! It sounds for me like the Czech answer to Hausegger's Nature Symphony. Does someone know if there's a recording of Novak's May Symphony?

jerfilm

I have a performance of the May Symphony on cassette.  Something more to add to the October upload list....

Jerry