Herrarte's Rarities

Started by fyrexia, Thursday 07 July 2011, 04:25

Previous topic - Next topic

fyrexia

Herrarte,

Thank you for sharing the Alexandrov Lp. I was extremely in awe with the music !
Its so wonderful to have the chance to listen to the composer himself play the music!
Please share more from alexandrov if you do have ! He is one of my favorite "scriabinist" composers.

I do have a recording of dmitri blagoy performing his own piano sonata. Perhaps you might be interested?

By the way... here i have uploaded on youtube victor bunins performance on alexandrovs piano sonata No.14, and with sore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl1xev2mAlo&feature=related

Would you happen to have the recording of his Diaries Op.94? Would be great to have both books completed !
Shame his symphony no.2 is not recorded.

All best,

Tony

eschiss1

since we were talking about opus nos. etc before, Alexandrov sym 1 is opus 92 in C major, apparently from or ca. 1965 (pub.1971) (sym. 2 as you say apparently not commercially recorded - though then again sometimes one gets surprised (e.g. the LP of Creston's first symphony predating by decades the Naxos CD I was sure was its premiere) - is in B-flat , opus 109, 1977/1978, published 1981 according to en-Wikipedia and Worldcat.
Any idea who Yuri M. Aleksandrov is whose 3rd symphony was published a few years later?
Eric

fyrexia

eschiss1,

Interesting you mentioned Yuri Alexandrov. I have been wandering in search of his music in vain ! And cannot find anything from him....
Would you happen to have a recordinng of some of his works?
All i got is a score of his Piano Sonata-Poem.

By the way, i just stumbled upon some recordings of Askold Murov Symphonies. I wonder if anyone happens to have any of his Symphones from no.6 onwards.
He wrote 11 symphonies ! And i only manage to have his No.1,2,3,4,5, Autumn Symphony and Tobolsk Symphony.

All best,

Tony

eschiss1

I have nothing by Y Alexandrov, but Worldcat suggests that the International Trumpet Guild recorded in 2004 a CD with among other works by other composers a "Sonata for trumpet and string orchestra in B♭ major" by a "Yuri Aleksandrov" (perhaps the same.) (ITG CD 113. Title of CD "Trumpet players and trumpet music of Ukraine".)

Worldcat also lists an LP of Romances of some kind by Yuri Aleksandrov, and another (or perhaps these two are the same...) with a list of performers (Maksim Shostakovich etc.) but no more information. (Both at a Canadian University library, Vancouver.) (Confusion is caused by the fact that Yuri Alexandrov was also the name of a director/conductor ...)

Latvian

QuoteBy the way, i just stumbled upon some recordings of Askold Murov Symphonies. I wonder if anyone happens to have any of his Symphones from no.6 onwards.
He wrote 11 symphonies ! And i only manage to have his No.1,2,3,4,5, Autumn Symphony and Tobolsk Symphony.

Thank you for the Murov you've uploaded so far -- I hope you'll upload more, especially #1. Sorry, I don't have any of the later symphonies you're looking for.

In trying to make sense of conflicting references and/or lists of works by Murov, I've managed to stitch together what I think is an accurate chronological listing of his symphonies. No mention of Murov in New Grove and other major sources. Much of the confusion seems due to the fact that Murov didn't number all his symphonies. Perhaps someone with access to more complete data can verify, or correct me if I'm mistaken:

Symphony No. 1 (1961)
Symphony No. 2 in C "Symphony-Ballet" (1963-64)*
Symphony No. 3 "Concerto for Chamber Orchestra" (1967-68)
Symphony "Tobolsk" (1971)
Symphony No. 4 "Stereophony" (1973)*
Symphony for folk instrument orchestra "Autumn" (1978)
Symphony No. 5 (1981)
Symphony for winds and percussion (1986)
Symphony for strings (1987)
Symphony for folk instrument orchestra "Sinfonietta" (1987)
Symphony No. 6 "Musical oblations to all the Saints who shone in the Russian land" (1991)

*once available on Melodiya LPs, though not identified there by their purported numbering.

eschiss1

there is a less detailed list of works here - also 11 symphonies, given only by (composition? publication?) dates.

Latvian

Quotethere is a less detailed list of works here - also 11 symphonies, given only by (composition? publication?) dates.

Yes, I used that set of dates to set a baseline for information from other websites, to come up with my chronology.

Holger

Hi,

as for Murov's symphonies, Latvian is totally right in my view. I was thinking about the chronology myself a while ago and came to the same conclusion. Actually there are not eleven numbered symphonies but six numbered ones plus five symphonies without number. All of them except No. 6 are circulating on some Russian sites, from which I downloaded them myself several months ago.

There is only one remark on No. 4: "Stereophony" is an orchestral piece which is based on two movements from the Fourth. Indeed, it was released on a Melodiya LP. However, the entire Symphony No. 4 is longer, wasn't issued on LP and also, it isn't called "Stereophony" from all I know.

Regards,
Holger

Latvian

QuoteInteresting you mentioned Yuri Alexandrov. I have been wandering in search of his music in vain ! And cannot find anything from him.... Would you happen to have a recordinng of some of his works?

I have a Melodiya LP with an extended suite from his ballet A Lonely Sail Looms White. I can upload after digitizing it, if you're interested.

chill319

The link to the Novak Autumn symphony leads to this message:

This file is currently set to private. When a file is set to private by its owner only the owner of the file can access it.

So near, and yet so far...