Noskowski's symphony no.3

Started by lechner1110, Tuesday 12 July 2011, 00:34

Previous topic - Next topic

lechner1110

Hello Members.

Today, I will upload Noskowski's symphony no.3
  It's from radio broadcast.

Please wait few hours.

A.S

eschiss1

I have that (as rebroadcast over the BBC). Wonderful stuff. (Nickname trans. English "From Spring to Spring", F major.) Movement headings for such as, etc. ...

Spring – Molto allegro con affezione;

Summer – The magic of the St.John's night – Adagio molto espressivo;

Autumn – Harvest home festival (song & dance) – Allegro;

Winter – Silence and lifelessness in Nature. Snowstorm. The return of Spring and greeting the sunny morning

Composed I think 1903. Performers in the broadcast recording I know of -- Szymon Kawalla/Polish Radio National Symphony Orchestra in Katowice .

fyrexia

Thanks a million A.S !
Looking forward to the noskowski !

Tony

lechner1110

eschiss1;
  Thank you to introduce each movements title.
  I recorded it from radio broadcast, but I couldn't understand English narration by my English ability.

Noskowski's symphonies(no.1&no.2) is recorded by Sterling Label.
  But, I think 3rd symphony is noskowski's best.

Enjoy it :D

A.S

Alan Howe

I understand that Sterling will be bringing out Noskowski 3 as well.

Lionel Harrsion

Thank you, A.S for uploading this ravishingly glorious symphony - wonderful!

eschiss1

the whole first movement, I think? (7 minutes' worth, anyway...) of the Noskowski 3rd symphony in the same performance can be heard at this url. the same site may have the other 3, didn't check... as to performance location data etc., a google search for kawalla -koala 1903 noskowski euroclassic notturno should turn it up... (since google keeps thinking that I mistyped kawalla for koala, poor fellow, and since euroclassic notturno usually though not always has complete location information when available and it was off bbc radio 3's version of the same program that I taped it (over the net- was and remain in the US).)

lechner1110

eschiss1

Thanks your comment.
  I don't know why both recording's time are different.
  I think both recording's are same one perhaps・・・

A.S

eschiss1

it might only be part of the first movement for preview purposes?

Kevin Pearson

Thanks for sharing this wonderful symphony! I have really enjoyed hearing it and now will order his first two. Thanks again!

Kevin