Schroeter piano concertos

Started by marinomau, Friday 15 July 2011, 21:13

Previous topic - Next topic

marinomau

Hello, I am lookins for the Joahnn Samuel Schroeter piano concertos. The only recording available is sold at amazon for 50 pounds: no way!
I wonder if someone can upload the concertos.
Thank you!

britishcomposer

I am not sure if this works where you live but you can download the mp3-album from German amazon:
http://www.amazon.de/Klavierkonzerte/dp/B001SWEVVI/ref=dm_cd_album_lnk?ie=UTF8&qid=1310761665&sr=1-3

Is the Koch label still extant?

Perhaps a question to Mark: What are the rules for uploading deleted CDs: a CD which is not longer available from jpc may still be available - new - from amazon.
It may be available from amazon.de but not from amazon.com. Or you can get it used for a horrible price.. etc.

An example: some albums from Unicorn-Kanchana have been uploaded to Albion's British Music folders. The label does no longer exist but you can still get used copies or expensive new ones from amazon.

Hm, any ideas?

Mark Thomas

It's a grey area and I'm currently thinking through this whole question of copyright. As an interim, my yardstick is that if a CD is still avialable new then I wouldn't want to see any tracks from it available for download here.

britishcomposer

Quote from: marinomau on Friday 15 July 2011, 21:13
The only recording available is sold at amazon for 50 pounds: no way!
An amazon.com seller from Florida wants $234,53... Who made these prices?! I wouldn't even pay that much if it were signed by the composer.  ;)

marinomau

Dear britishcomposer, thank you anyway: unfortunately I can't download on the german amazon, since I live in Italy (I don't understand these medieval borders).
By the way, my congratulations for you wonderful collection of british music!

Mauro

britishcomposer

Quote from: marinomau on Saturday 16 July 2011, 15:15
Dear britishcomposer, thank you anyway: unfortunately I can't download on the german amazon, since I live in Italy (I don't understand these medieval borders).
By the way, my congratulations for you wonderful collection of british music!

Mauro
Sorry for the Schroeter. :( I live in Germany and have bought several CDs from British and US amazon but couldn't download from there either.

You must congratulate Albion, Mauro! HE has collected all these files from various contributors, edited them and put them chronologically into folders. Quite a laborious task for which I am very grateful, too! ;)

marinomau

Albion, british composer: I made a mess, since I love everything from this wonderful island (music, literature, people, beer, football....)

TerraEpon

Quote from: britishcomposer on Saturday 16 July 2011, 15:57I live in Germany and have bought several CDs from British and US amazon but couldn't download from there either.

Pretty dumb isn't it? And just think about all the people pushing to go digital only.