German Music Folder

Started by Mark Thomas, Wednesday 27 July 2011, 21:32

Previous topic - Next topic

lechner1110

Hello Jelly

Thanks a lot that surprising your uploads!
  I will listen Weissmann and Rudorff's Symphonies later today.
  I'm looking forward to listen these!

Thanks

A.S

eschiss1

I have the Rudorff symphony PDF downloaded from Sibley (and have had from some time) I think so was hoping -some- performance of it would come by. Thanks!!

Mark Thomas

Thanks for uploading Rudorff's Second. Jerry. The same recording as I have (unfortunately).

Holger

Jerry, thanks for your Rudorff and Weismann uploads as well. I should add that keys in case of the Weismann seem to be wrong, which is confirmed by the work lists I checked. I guess things should be like that:

Symphony No. 2 in B flat Major, Op. 130 (1940)
Symphony No. 3 in B Minor, Op. 131 (1940)

eschiss1

Looking forward to listening soon to the Weismann also- I don't know how much I've heard conducted by those two but they come very well-reputed (esp. Wallberg) and the sound will hopefully not be too great a problem. (And yay, another B minor symphony :) )

jerfilm

Thanks for the correction on the key signatures, Holger.  I checked 1980 Grove (now, but probably should have before posting - sorry about that....) and that confirms your post also.  Hope you all enjoy them despite the poor sound.

Jerry

britishcomposer

Big thanks also from me, Jerry!!!  :D
Will need some time to listen to but I appreciate your efforts very much!

Concerning the Mielck concerto: A.S had uploaded the 'Concertstück op. 9' which was mislabeled by Finnish Radio 'Piano Concerto'. They sent the same piece a couple of times during the last months, sometimes as 'Concertstück' sometimes as 'Piano Concerto'. ;) So, if you really happen to have the CONCERTO I would be very glad if you could upload it!  :D

eschiss1

Josef Strobl I think??- Strobel is a different conductor (Frank?...).  Also, yes, here as also in the Conradin Kreutzer concertos of awhile back, Wallberg is, I believe indeed the proper spelling, not Wahlberg...

Rainolf

I have listened to Rudorff's Symphony. Yes, the recording isn't optimal, but I think, you can nevertheless hear, that Rudorff was a composer of strong individual profile. I like this craggy style. Would you say, that Rudorff has a comparable position in the academic camp, as Draeseke has it in that of the New Germans?

eschiss1

Ok, still don't know if this is supposed to be used as a "wishlist", but Kaminski having been mentioned - anyone have esp. orchestral or choral works by
Hans von Koessler (1853-1926) or
Heinrich Kaminski (1886-1946)
that they can share?

Re Rudorff: *ducks incoming flamestorm :D *

JimL

Wasn't somebody going to contact WDR3 and find out the movement titles for the Hiller PQuintet and PQ?  I'd love to personally contact Oliver Treindl or any member of the Minguet Quartet and find out for myself.

eschiss1

I'll see about finding Mr. Triendl's website and contact him about the quartet, anyway :) Hrm. Actually, I think instead maybe I'll contact the Minguet Quartet either at their website if I can find it, or on Facebook where I do see they have a page... but yes, will send something over way theirs.

eschiss1

message sent (hopefully- did not "feel" a sense of confirmation :) ) at the quartet's website.

britishcomposer

Quote from: JimL on Thursday 13 October 2011, 05:50
Wasn't somebody going to contact WDR3 and find out the movement titles for the Hiller PQuintet and PQ?  I'd love to personally contact Oliver Treindl or any member of the Minguet Quartet and find out for myself.

I was me. Got no answer, though. :(
Will you contact Triendl/Minguet or would you like me to do it?

Edit: Sorry, have overlooked Eric's reply to your query. ;)

JimL

Maybe FB is the way to go.  If you don't hear anything back, I'll give it a shot.  :)