German Music Folder

Started by Mark Thomas, Wednesday 27 July 2011, 21:32

Previous topic - Next topic

JimL

I can always print out another one as more information becomes available.  I'd still like to get the remaining movements of the Reuss G minor quartet for that CD.  As I said, I coupled a Reuss string work with each of the Hiller piano and strings works, which pairings turned out oddly appropriate.

britishcomposer

I don't know if cpo will release the Hiller works but I guess it. Triendl is almost an artist-in-residence with cpo, isn't he? ;)

Mark Thomas

I agree, but they have such a huge pile of unreleased recordings that I'd be surprised if we saw a commercial release from them for two or three years at the very least. The Gouvy symphonies CD which they've just announced today was recorded in 2008.

britishcomposer

Has any of you recordings of music by Friedrich Metzler (1910-79)?
I heard his Cello Concerto as a teenager in concert and have never encountered his name again so far.

britishcomposer

Quote from: Mark Thomas on Thursday 27 October 2011, 13:30
I agree, but they have such a huge pile of unreleased recordings that I'd be surprised if we saw a commercial release from them for two or three years at the very least.

And I have such a huge pile of unheard recordings... ;)
They as a record company have probably the same psychological 'problem'as I, a private person: record everything you can get hold of so as not to miss a chance.
I don't know if I will ever listen to all my music - they don't know if they will ever release all their music.  ;D

Dundonnell

(At the serious risk of being told off for a digression ;D)

I have a similar problem in that I can honestly say that I listen to everything I get but often only once :(

Mark Thomas

Ich auch.

But to return to the music...

eschiss1

Et moi aussi.
(Friedrich Metzler, Hermann Hans Wetzler- *boom*)

eschiss1

Movements of the Senfter symphony from http://www.jenaer-philharmonie.de/sixcms/media.php/1519/C1.pdf -
#Gemäßigt
#Sehr ruhig
#Rasch
#Lebhaft

Sorry if that's redundant, I couldn't remember if we have that information yet or not. (This may be from the same concert as the broadcast, and contains some program notes, though they don't answer all the questions- like "when-abouts-and-around was it written?..." - apparently it wasn't premiered until 2000, which is interesting if not unfortunately unusual. Oh ok- someone already posted that- thank you. Sorry!
Also, wow- Wetz and Urspruch (now if I just had a vocal score to the Urspruch- one does have one for his Tempest opera, perhaps that will be staged if the material hasn't been lost...)
Which makes me wonder tangentially if Neuendorff's  (German-American, I think, conductor-composer) opera The Ratcatcher of Hamelin (vocal score at Library of Congress and IMSLP) has been done too... anyway. An embrace of riches and my iPod is almost full as it is...

Mark Thomas

Arbuckle, via Albion, so many thanks for the Urspruch Das Unmöglichste von Allem. I've been away for the weekend and so was unable to record it. Wonderful!

Alan Howe

Arbuckle

semloh

Quote from: Mark Thomas on Sunday 30 October 2011, 15:30
Arbuckle, via Albion, so many thanks for the Urspruch Das Unmöglichste von Allem. I've been away for the weekend and so was unable to record it. Wonderful!

Is there any info on the performers, please?  :)

eschiss1

yes- from http://www.unsungcomposers.com/forum/index.php/topic,1739.0.html:

Anton Urspruch
"Das Unmöglichste von allem"
Komische Oper in drei Akten
frei nach der Komödie von Lope de Vega

Die Königin - Rebecca Broberg
Roberto - Robert Wilhelm Fendl
Diana - Anne Wieben
Celia - Caterina Maier
Lisardo - Matthias Graetzel
Ramon - Ralf Sauerbrey
Feniso - Johannes Föttinger
Fulgencio - Victor Petitjean
Albano - Martin Schmidt
Pedrillo - Laurent Martin
Catarina - Stephanie Firnkes
Tafelsänger - Heidrun Klava
u.a.
Mendelssohn Philharmonie Düsseldorf
in Kooperation mit dem
Orchester des Sorbischen Nationalensembles Bautzen
Leitung: Israel Yinon

broadcast 29 October 2011.
From operone.de : Das Unmöglichste von allem (nach Lope de Vega), komische Oper 3 Akte (5. Nov. 1897 Karlsruhe, Hoftheater). (http://operone.de/komponist/urspruch.html)

semloh

Thank you, eschiss1 - I'm most grateful.
:) :)