Norwegian Music Folder

Started by lechner1110, Wednesday 27 July 2011, 21:57

Previous topic - Next topic

lechner1110

Thank you very much britishcomposer, for Svendsen's Cello concerto.
   I like Svendsen's violin concerto very much.
   I listen his cello first time.
   I will enjoy to listen it :D

A.S

JimL

Yes, thanks for the Svendsen.  It is (like many CCs of the time) a one movement work, so I was wondering if you have any tempo indications for the sections.

eschiss1

Cello concerto of Svendsen reduced score-

Allegro (qu=144) - Andante (qu=76) - Tempo I.

JimL

Kind of figured that Tempo I bit.

Thanks, Eric.  ;D

lechner1110

Thank you very much Holger.
  I failed to record this broadcast.
  And I've been looking forward to listen.

Regards

A.S

semloh

This version of Svendsen's cello concerto features on my old reel-to-reel tapes, in a box somewhere in the house. How marvellous to hear it again after all these years. Thank you. Members are so generous. When time and health allow, I must digitize whatever has survived on the tapes and do some uploading myself - mostly ex-BBC Radio 3, 1970s and 80s, including a few FBPs, and some rather obscure composers.

Mark Thomas

Thanks A.S, for the Winter-Hjelm. I had this on an old NKD LP and made a digital copy. Not great music, but a very pleasant listen.

eschiss1

have heard the Winterhjelm on the radio but not recently and have wanted to hear it again. Thank you!

lechner1110

Thank you all.

This work is good nordic style symphony, in my view.

A.S

Rainolf

Many thanks for the Tveitt Symphony! An amazing cloudburst of orchestral colours. I like Tveitts Music very much, its a tragedy, that so many works of him were lost in the fire.

vandermolen

Any chance of the original recording of Klaus Egge's great Symphony No 1, which I think is even better that the Karsten Andersen recording on Phillips (now on a Aurora CD)?

lechner1110

Dear Members

Who anyone have recording of  Gjerstrøm, Gunnar (1891-1951) 's Piano concerto?

Piano Concerto No. 1 in f (1930)
  Piano Concerto No. 2 "Sjøstemninger" [By the Sea] (1936)

I hope to listen these long time.

Best

A.S

eschiss1

re the Winter-Hjelm by the way, one of his symphonies was performed in Berlin in 1863 according to NZM (Neue Zeitschrift für Musik) (p125 v58) - not sure if anyone has a good chronology of the dates of the two of them, but I know I like to have that sort of information in my iTunes data just because (geeky dork that I am etc.) when I can (or just like to know such things). I don't know which of the two of his symphonies that was, actually... the report just said symphony (in German) and when I wrote that down years back I'd never heard of him, and while I may have heard his 2nd symphony on the radio then I didn't make the connection (my notes have a ? by his name. Yes, I do have all these notes from library visits awhile back of things from NZM concert reports and thelike *oops* - an older magazine, Allgemeine Musik Zeitung, is partially online at google books now with much information of a similar kind in some ways better etc. - and erm... way offtopic and anyway.)

vandermolen

Any chance of the Gruner-Hegge recording of Klaus Egge's Symphony No 1?

britishcomposer

Have other members had problems with Atsushi's recent Norwegian uploads, too?
Kaspersky Internet Security didn't allow me to download the Groven-Egge file, said it was somehow dangerous or virus infected.