Czech folder

Started by dafrieze, Tuesday 02 August 2011, 23:19

Previous topic - Next topic

semloh

Latvian :) - I see you've uploaded a couple of Foerster's symphonies! You don't by any chance have an uploadable copy of From Shakespeare - orchestral suite, Op.76 do you? Gosh, that would be real treat!! :)

Latvian

Semloh,

I wish I did, but no such luck. Perhaps another forum member has one?

More Foerster symphonies to come, though...

eschiss1

Thanks for the Czech Radio Foerster symphony recordings, yes :)
Symphony no.2. Movements (see http://allmusic.com/work/symphony-no-2-in-f-major-op-29-c583623/parts-movements  )
Allegro moderato
Andante sostenuto
Allegro
Allegro con brio

Lionel Harrsion

Quote from: eschiss1 on Wednesday 19 October 2011, 13:46
Thanks for the Czech Radio Foerster symphony recordings, yes :)

Hear, hear! ;D

gpdlt2010

Thanks to Latvian for the wonderful Foerster symphonies.
And don't worry about a non-commercial Symphony no. 4.
I believe most lovers of unsung composers have at least one commercial copy.
I believe the first commercial recording was one conducted by Smetacek and released on LP by Nonesuch (?). Has there ever been a CD release of that recording?

semloh

Yes, Supraphon released the Nonesuch recording of the wonderful 4th symphony on CD, on 1st July 1994.
See:
http://www.musicstack.com/album/smetacek/foerster:_symphony_no._4_in_c_minor__apz_quot;easter_apz_quot
:)

Latvian

QuoteI believe the first commercial recording was one conducted by Smetacek

Actually, the first commercial recording was with Kubelik and the Czech Philharmonic in 1948. It was quickly suppressed for political reasons by the Communist Czech government after Kubelik defected, but reissued on CD in 1995.

eschiss1

Foerster Symphony 5 op141 movements - (from the MDG recording label as seen on amazon.com )-
I. Moderato solenne - Allegro ma non troppo
II. Andante moderato - Adagio religioso
III. Vivace
IV. Moderato molto

Mark Thomas

At Eric's request I've uploaded Blodek's Symphony.

eschiss1

Thanks! The timings about match, give or take a few seconds that could be ending announcements in the original or something- this seems to maybe be
http://www2.rozhlas.cz/archivy/index.php?HLEDPO=537938 (Bohumír Liška/Pilsen Radio Orch., 1973) (if I'm right...)

eschiss1

semloh- you did mention Drejsl, I'd only half-forgotten - sorry! ...  and uploaded last month the recording of his piano concerto I was asking about. *eep!*

eschiss1

Thanks again- the Blodek flute concerto as I posted in the other thread is
#Risoluto - Allegro
#Adagio
#Molto allegro vivace
Any idea if that was the Colosseum or the Koch LP of the concerto? May be possible to find out from the timings...
(If the first three works are all from the same LP, then it's probably the Koch I think, will check- the Colosseum LP (originally 78s?) (1950s, conducted by Smetacek) couples the Blodek with works by Vivaldi and others. Actually- the Koch is also an LP of different flute concertos and concertinos (Chaminade, Blodek, Demersseman, etc.- the Blodek is 15:16 in this recording) conducted by Lajovic with Karl-Bernhard Sebon as soloist, recorded in 1981. Actually, this Koch recording was also an early CD, too- Blodek/Doppler/Fürstenau/Doppler/Ciardi on Koch Schwann LC 1083. Haven't heard it and label is defunct, and even if this is where this recording comes from don't know where the other works do- hrm.)

Ooh, found it - 1974 Supraphon LP with, apparently, all the works in question... (Link) "Jan Hecl, flûte ; Symfonický Orchestr HL. M. Prahy ; Libor Hlaváček, chef d'orchestre."

jerfilm

Hi Mike, regarding the flute and orchestra Blodek works,  Not sure I understand what's exactly in the Unknown Album 01- is it three separate works?  If so, then I presume the longer pause spearates them.

Thanks for the upload.

Jerry

eschiss1

I think it's the  three items here- Fantazie a caprice pro flétnu a orchestr  ( semicolon ) Andante cantabile pro flétnu a orchestr ; Koncert D dur pro flétnu a orchestr - while the other mp3 is the rest of the album (the Shakespeare Suite) on that 1974 Supraphon LP (see the link above).

jerfilm

Thanks Eric - that's what I figured but wanted to confirm before consigning it to the database.....

Jerry