Czech folder

Started by dafrieze, Tuesday 02 August 2011, 23:19

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Well, I'm guessing, I just think it's a good guess :)

mikehopf

Eric is probably right about the arrangement of the  Blodek works on my recent offering.

Many of my recordings were made in the 1970s when I was young, slovenly and lazy about cataloguing & identifying works.

Unfortunately, all that has changed is that I am now old.

Latvian

QuoteI think it's the  three items here- Fantazie a caprice pro flétnu a orchestr  ( semicolon ) Andante cantabile pro flétnu a orchestr ; Koncert D dur pro flétnu a orchestr - while the other mp3 is the rest of the album (the Shakespeare Suite) on that 1974 Supraphon LP

Yes, that's exactly right. I downloaded and then divided up the files according this scheme and all worked out correctly.

lechner1110

Hi, Thanks to violin concerto by Foerster.
  I have LP of violin concerto no.2 by Foerster.
  I will upload it.

JimL

Quote from: Amphissa on Sunday 20 November 2011, 06:45
Josef Bohuslav Foerster (1859-1951)
Violin Concerto No. 1 in B minor

Ivan Ženatý, violin
BBC Symphony Orchestra
Jiří Bělohlávek, conductor

Barbican Hall, London
Saturday 8 December 2007

from BBC Radio broadcast

http://www.mediafire.com/?7vo6mfl0o796042

Note: This is not the same performance that appears on the
CD featuring the same performers. The CD recording is about
27 minutes. This performance is more than 31 minutes. And
the audio of this live broadcast recording is, IMO, superior to
the CD release. They do sound notably different.

Correction: the CD performance actually lasts 31:22 - so this is likely to be the broadcast that was simultaneously recorded for release on CD...
Alan Howe
Um, Dave?  I looked at the Wiki on Foerster and also the score of the 1st VC on IMSLP (uploaded by Eric).  It's in C minor, not B minor.  :-[

gpdlt2010

Funny!
An old Westminster recording of the Foerster (XWN 18534) lists the op. 88 violin concerto as "C major"...By the way, in that recording it was played  by Igor Bezrodny and the Moscow Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Nikolai Anosov.

JimL

I looked at the score.  Three flats.  C minor.  The title page says "C möll".  Also, you could tell it's in a minor key the usual way - just by listening to it.  Same way I was shocked when I heard the first LP of Anton Rubinstein's PC 1 and was stunned to find out that the guy who wrote the liner notes and the entire Orion company got the key wrong.  I wasn't aware a mistake of that magnitude could get by so many people.

eschiss1

I think at least one other record company (Marco Polo?) may have referred to the Rubinstein first concerto as "E major" so my first encounter with the work (sound or page) was confusing at that... as to the Foerster, I have a copy of the Orfeo recording of the piece and can confirm C minor also (besides having uploaded the reduced score :) ).  Getting to rather like his music!

Amphissa

Thanks for catching the error. I've updated the note in the Downloads section and also updated the info file in side the zip available for download.

Dundonnell

Two very rare Czech works have just been uploaded:

Josef Matej's Symphony No.4(1974) and Jaroslav Kvapil's Symphonic Poem "The Dawn"(1948).

Full details on Downloads page.

JimL

Quote from: eschiss1 on Sunday 27 November 2011, 23:43
I think at least one other record company (Marco Polo?) may have referred to the Rubinstein first concerto as "E major" so my first encounter with the work (sound or page) was confusing at that... as to the Foerster, I have a copy of the Orfeo recording of the piece and can confirm C minor also (besides having uploaded the reduced score :) ).  Getting to rather like his music!
I have the MP CD of the Rubinstein PC 1 & 2.  Now get this:  The top of the liner notes says the PC 1 is in E Major.  The back of the liner note booklet where the movements are listed says Piano Concerto No. 1 in E, Op. 25.  The back cover of the CD case (which also lists the movements) says Piano Concerto No. 1 in E minor, Op. 25.  They sure covered all the bases, hoping one would be right! :)

eschiss1

Matěj Symphony 4 - movement listing from Czech Radio archives (which has 2 recordings, one of which or both may be studio rather than LP) -
I. Adagio molto e quieto
II. Allegro energico. Quasi adagio

Kalabis violin concerto no.1 op.17 - (same source for information. Same recording apparently, made in 1980 for Radio Prague.)
I. Andante Maestoso,
II. Andante angoscioso quasi adagio
III. Allegro vivace

eschiss1

also, re Foerster's 2nd violin concerto, the track listings for Ženatý's recording on Supraphon give 3 movements lasting 33 minutes in his performance -
1. Andante sostenuto
2. Andante moderato
3. Allegro
(listing from Allmusic.com . )

Amphissa

A.S., is the link to the Kabalis VC gone away? I don't see it.

lechner1110

Hi Amphissa,

Welcome back and thanks for Röntgen and Higdon.
  I checked link of Kabalis. But it seems working without problem.
  If your problem continue, please tell me again.  I will create new download link.