News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Dutch Music

Started by jerfilm, Tuesday 23 August 2011, 20:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Amphissa

Time for some more Dutch unsungs. New additions to the folder by Brandts-Buys, Kuller, Zweers and Diepenbrock.

jerfilm

I have a tape of Anrooy's Piano Quintet in A from 1898 if anyone is interested.

Jerry

eschiss1

the Anrooy quintet is occasionally broadcast on Radio Netherlands, I think, as e.g. here (Maarten Bon, piano. Leden van het Radio Kamer Orkest) so can be listened to at leisure if one has the right plugins... (I forget if I've listened to it yet- that station is full of findable things... some of which are regular studio non-CD performances (the "Concertzender Live" series), including one awhile back of a Rontgen quartettino in G minor, I think...), though I suspect that may be a still-available (or maybe just available to radio stations only) recording (hrm. well- the work does appear on a "Radio Nederland Transcription Service" CD from 1988 or so called "Aspects of chamber music from the Netherlands. Volume 1", which tends to confirm that Radio Stations Only suspicion :) ) .

Amphissa

I've uploaded a couple of recordings of works by two brothers, Willem and Hendrik Andriessen. Although these composers lived into the second half of the 20th century, their music tended to be securely rooted in the Romantic style.

Hendrik Andriessen - Symphony No. 3
Willem Andriessen - Piano Concerto (performed by the composer)

eschiss1

Whose recording of the piano concerto, who's conducting? The Andriessen/Netherlands Radio/Haitink was released on CD two years ago, apparently (label "EPTA") (and a recording of Andriessen's 4 symphonies was released a few years back with a 1968 recording of the 3rd symphony conducted by Fournet, I think, on the Etcetera label). :) Interesting to hear Willem Andriessen's concerto and another version of the H. Andriessen symphony though (I have the Fournet) ...

Amphissa

Hendrik's Sym 3 is by Brabant Orchestra conducted by Heinz Friesen.

My recording of the PC is from the radio broadcast. Since the same performance can also be downloaded free on the web here, I think it should be okay to leave it in downloads as well.

Dundonnell

I know that CPO is embarked upon a project to record all of the symphonies of Henk Badings but in the meantime if anyone has access to

Symphonies Nos. 1, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11 or 13

I would be most interested ;D

Also missing Cornelis Dopper's Symphonies Nos. 4 and 5.

shamokin88

I can supply all those Badings symphonies.

Dundonnell

Amphissa

Atsushi, thank you for uploading the violin concert piece by Henrietta Bosmans. It is a good companion to the piano concert piece. I had never heard it before. Actually, I had never heard of Ms Bosmans until I ran across that radio broadcast of the piano concert piece. She is not the most profound composer, but there is some delightful music in her compositions.

lechner1110

Thanks, Amphissa

I bought this LP many years ago. And I also felt Ms Bosmans's music are valuable to listen.
  These are very delightful music indeed.

britishcomposer

Amphissa and Atsushi,

thank you both for the Bosmans pieces of which I knew only the piano concertino in another recording. I know Ralph van Raat as a very experimental pianist - he is damn good!  :D

However, you both took off 20 years of Ms Bosman's life: she died in 1952, not 1932. Otherwise it would have been difficult for her to compose the violin concertpiece.  ;)  ;D

lechner1110

Amphissa and britishcomposer ,

I found Bosman's ' Concertstuk for flute ' from my recording collection.
   I will upload it later.

And I'm now recording Dimitrie Cuclin's Piano concerto from Romania radio....

eschiss1

About Heintze? Heinze?
I described him as a publisher - it seems I was confusing two people.
Gustaf Adolf Heinze who was Dutch, lived 1820-1904, Dutch composer I think.
Gustav Wilhelm Heintze who was German, lived 1825-1909 , German publisher (perhaps composer also).
Not sure which this concerto is by, have downloaded and looking forward to hearing it. Probably by Heintze with the "t", as they do say as much... sorry about that!
Eric

eschiss1

Actually, I think it's a Swedish 1978 broadcast recording (and Heintze might be Swedish, conceivably. I may well be mistaken about his nationality- or even his identity- twice in turn. Or three times :( Sorry. It -was- broadcast 17 December 1982 according to smdb.kb.se and this says "Inspelning från Göteborgs konserthus 1978." (also says "a-moll" but that's checkable :) )