Roumanian Music

Started by jerfilm, Friday 02 September 2011, 14:15

Previous topic - Next topic

jerfilm

Thanks, A.S. for the Polish and Roumanian downloads today.  Taking the time to do this is much appreciated I'm sure by all of us.

Question:  Do you know if the Paul Richter Piano Concerto is the Opus 58 in b minor?  I assume it probably is but being away from home, I can't make a comparison. 

Thanks, Jerry

lechner1110

Thanks, Jerry

As far as I know, P.Richter composed only one concerto.
  ( From this site http://piano-concertos.org/r.html)
  Probably,  The concerto I uploaded today is op.58
  But I don't say it with considerable certainty.

Thanks  A.S

jerfilm

I would concur.  I think he only wrote one concerto for piano and that has to be it.  Thanks.

Jerry

semloh

AS - the download for the Lipatti actually seems to be the Concertante Sym. for 2 pianos and string orchestra, Op.5. (1939) - in any case it's brilliant! I love it - full of spikey rhythms and totally engaging. Many thanks. Now ... I'm hoping the Op.3 Concertino is as good. :)

lechner1110

semloh

Thanks.

About Op.3 Concertino. (Concertino in the Classical Style)
    Actually, this work was broadcast by Romanian radio at this July.
    But I failed to record it :'(

I hope to next broadcast.

A.S

eschiss1

I think BBC Radio 3 and others who carry it broadcast the Lipatti concertino op3 in their Through the Night/Euroclassic Notturno program periodically (made up of recordings either commercial in some cases, from various national radio services in others.)

reineckeforever

I downloaded the Richter's concerto today. If mi ears aren't mistaken is in b minor.
Andrea