Swedish music

Started by cjvinthechair, Sunday 04 September 2011, 15:43

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Z. Herrenberg

Many thanks to member A.S. for his upload of Rangström's First Symphony - Segerstam is on fire, which is just the right thing for this explosive work!

Dundonnell

I am adding a radio broadcast from 1979 of Lars-Erik Larsson's Variations for Orchestra(1962)-a rather atypical Larsson composition ;D

eschiss1

Have heard a couple of late Larsson works- will have a listen- thanks!
The 3rd Norman symphony goes like so, movement-a-wise:

1.Allegro appassionato ma non troppo presto

2.Andante cantabile

3.Allegretto molto comodo (commodo?)

4.Allegro molto

Mark Thomas

Very many thanks, Mathias, for the Söderman Piano Quartet - what an attractive piece.

britishcomposer

Yes, Söderman is always rewarding!  :D

eschiss1

re Fernstrom, forgot to add that it's his opus 95. Will try to find out the track titles :)

Dundonnell

If you can endure the first two minutes of horrible distortion the performance of the Bo Linde Violin Concerto I have uploaded from Swedish Radio in July 1977 is a particularly fine rendering of the work.

Dundonnell

Many thanks to britishcomposer for the uploads of two symphonies by Erland von Koch :) :)

Marvellous ;D

Holger

I absolutely agree, thanks very much for these two Erland von Koch symphonies indeed! I already listened to the Sixth and found it highly enjoyable, I like von Koch's pulsating rhythms a lot.

Tomorrow, I will upload the two symphonies I promised. That's an easy task because I already edited them quite some time ago. I also have some more von Koch rarities, including two piano concertos and two string quartets, which I shall consider uploading as well, but this will need some more time.

Dundonnell

That will be fantastic too, Holger :)

If I were to mention "Litanies", the Dance Variations and "Melos" by a certain Welsh composer-which I am totally sure you have not in fact forgotten-you will, rightly, want to throw things at me ;D ;D ;D

Holger

It may be a bit off-topic, but: no, I certainly do not have forgotten the remaining Mathias pieces. It's just an issue of time. The two von Koch symphonies are easy uploads as I said since they do not need any further work - which is different in case of the Mathias. In the last days, I was busy with transferring some music by Ernst Hermann Meyer, but now I should have enough free time to prepare the Mathias items for upload.

So, do look forward what will come up within the next days! ;D

Dundonnell

Quote from: Holger on Friday 09 December 2011, 21:25
It may be a bit off-topic, but: no, I certainly do not have forgotten the remaining Mathias pieces. It's just an issue of time. The two von Koch symphonies are easy uploads as I said since they do not need any further work - which is different in case of the Mathias. In the last days, I was busy with transferring some music by Ernst Hermann Meyer, but now I should have enough free time to prepare the Mathias items for upload.

So, do look forward what will come up within the next days! ;D

It IS off-topic.....and I do apologise sincerely :) :)

patmos.beje

Does anyone have Gosta Nystroem's Violin Concerto to upload?

BFerrell

and Nystroem's Concerto Ricercante for Piano & Orchestra?

shamokin88

I have both Nystroems. Shamokin88.