American Music

Started by Amphissa, Monday 05 September 2011, 22:49

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

and you're right, Diamond's 11th is in 4 movements, the adagio it seems the second, the third an "Allegro burlando" - http://www.therestisnoise.com/2005/05/daphne_changes_.html (review of 1992 premiere, conducted by Kurt Masur, by Alex Ross) (reprint of article also available at the NY Times site here)

dafrieze

Hmmm...

I've re-uploaded the Rochberg Symphony #3 into its folder.  Maybe that'll help.  Probably not.  But maybe.

Dundonnell

Quote from: dafrieze on Friday 14 October 2011, 23:42
Hmmm...

I've re-uploaded the Rochberg Symphony #3 into its folder.  Maybe that'll help.  Probably not.  But maybe.

That was very kind of you :) This time it worked perfectly :)

dafrieze

It's a little like the character in "The IT Crowd" whose standard response to any computer problem is "Turn it off and then turn it on again."

semloh

Quote from: dafrieze on Saturday 15 October 2011, 02:38
It's a little like the character in "The IT Crowd" whose standard response to any computer problem is "Turn it off and then turn it on again."

I always do that when I have a problem, dafrieze - it represents my only bit of technical expertise!  ;D ::)

Dundonnell

Roy Harris Symphony No.12 duly downloaded :) :)

Many thanks to shamokin88 :) :)

I am so looking forward to the Harris 10th and 13th/14th, the Diamond and the Gould ;D ;D ;D

Do keep them coming........as you have the time of course :)

britishcomposer

Thanks from another Harris-fan!  :D
Sound quality doesn't matter at all to me. It's just unbelievable that these documents exists!
shamokin88, I am VERY curious to know where you got all this from?!  ::)

shamokin88

At this point I cannot tell you from what source I obtained the complete Harris 12 - it would have been some time during the early 1970s. The first movement alone came from a member of the MSO, long gone.
As I may have mentioned I've been collecting for a long time, starting in the mid 1950s so it may that I have things that today's younger collectors think impossible. But it was a very different scene before the internet, believe me. Best from Shamokin88.

britishcomposer

Shamokin88: thanks again for Harris 10/13! :D
So the Bicentennial Symphony has been performed recently!

At the moment part 5 of No. 13 doesn't work. Sorry!  :(

shamokin88

I have done mvt 5 of 14 once more, hope it is all right.

Sicmu

Quote from: shamokin88 on Sunday 16 October 2011, 12:39
I have done mvt 5 of 14 once more, hope it is all right.

Sorry it still doesn't work for me.

TerraEpon

Nope, it just redirects right to Mediafire's home page

shamokin88

Here is a third try at Harris 14 pt 5. Mediafire doesn't seem to like me.

Dundonnell

Third time lucky ;D

Thank you for your persistence :)

eschiss1

Huffman- dates actually 1921 Nov 19 - 2005 Dec 25 . Eg http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/23/AR2006012301613.html obituary.
(Re Stokes (1930-99) - I note that the Concert Music seems to have been published in some form by "Minneapolis, Minn. (1611 W. 32nd St., Minneapolis, Minn. 55408) : Horspfal Music Concern" in the same year, 1982 - Library of Congress gives "1 score (44, 21, 33 p.) ; 44 cm." - don't know if it's a full score or a reduced score from what's listed.) They do apparently have the Symphony(s) as rental material from the same publisher in cases.