French Music

Started by Sicmu, Saturday 10 September 2011, 17:06

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

ah! I stand corrected (sittingly and fittingly - as it was my objection - mild :) - to begin with.) Thank you!

lechner1110

Thanks for Symphonies by Migot, Shamokin88.
  Very interesting works!

Dundonnell

Thanks once again to shamokin....this time for the two Jolivet downloads.

The addition of the Jolivet Symphony No.2 certainly fills a gap in my list ;D ;D

eschiss1

Re the French/Swedish Marteau's quartet no.3 in C, op.17 (1916, published by Steingraber in 1921)- thanks! The movements are
I. Comodo (quarter=104)
II. Hymne an den Schmerz (Molto adagio, quarter=58 - Poco più andante - Tempo I. Preceded in the score by the poem Hymne à la douleur by Lamartine.)
III. Scherzo (Allegro, quarter=138 - Trio).
IV. Adagio (quarter=63) - Allegro (Mysterioso. minim=80).

Been having a good look at at least the opening pages of the score and am really looking forward to hearing this. So thanks yes :)

gpdlt2010

RE. Le Flem's Symphonies 2 & 3.
Thanks for both. However, both files are marked as Symphony No. 3. Are both files similar?

britishcomposer

Quote from: gpdlt2010 on Sunday 11 December 2011, 11:04
RE. Le Flem's Symphonies 2 & 3.
Thanks for both. However, both files are marked as Symphony No. 3. Are both files similar?

I have downloaded both: the first file, though labeled Symphony No. 3, is different from the second. Therefore I suppose that the first file links to Symphony No 2 and the second to No 3. I am sure Edward will help us to clear this soon! :D

Most online sources give 1957 as date of composition for No. 2.

shamokin88

You are correct about the Le Flem symphonies. Fortunately, MediaFire shows in small print the time at which a download began - or finished? - and knowing that I did 2 before 3, I have gone back and changed the title.

Dundonnell

Very many thanks for the two Le Flem symphonies, shamokin :) :)

Dundonnell

Any interest in Boellmann's Symphonic Variations for Cello and Orchestra?

gpdlt2010

Thanks, shamokin!
That does it!

Mark Thomas

QuoteAny interest in Boellmann's Symphonic Variations for Cello and Orchestra?
Oh, well played that man! I would jolly well say so. Thanks!

Lionel Harrsion

Quote from: Mark Thomas on Monday 12 December 2011, 07:52
QuoteAny interest in Boellmann's Symphonic Variations for Cello and Orchestra?
Oh, well played that man! I would jolly well say so. Thanks!
;D

Dundonnell

Aaaahhh.....I find that my performance of the Boellmann is the one by Paul Tortelier which is included in a huge boxed cd set issued by EMI of Tortelier recordings.

So....by the rules of this site.............

Very sorry, chaps :(

Mark Thomas

Hoist by my own petard, by the look of it!

TerraEpon

That Dukas overture is great -- I'm baffled as to why it seems to only have one commercial recording.