Unread posts - some are showing up

Started by jerfilm, Saturday 10 September 2011, 20:47

Previous topic - Next topic

jerfilm

This seems odd.  In recent days I've noticed that some of the Downloads-Register to Post are not showing up in the Unread posts list.   Today only the new Music for 9/11 was there.

I read the newest post in the French Download Discussion section and discovered something had been uploaded, for example.  Iwent to the download section and sure 'nuf, it was there.....

Not a big deal but it is a bit annoying.

Jerry

semloh

Yes, I've recently been double checking all threads in case I missed anything. I just assumed it would come good....

semloh

...and it is a bit awkward because posts marked "today" are often, for me in Australia, actually "yesterday" and have already been read. I wonder if the timing on the list that I see, should match my local time - but, when it comes down to it, this is such a wonderful forum that I really don't care!

Mark Thomas

Semloh: the Forum is maintained at British Standard Time (GMT plus daylight saving when appropriate). I don't think that this is user configurable, but I'll investigate and let you know if this can be made a user-configurable option.

Semloh & Jerry: I haven't noticed this myself, but I'll look out for it. As an alternative, Have you tried clicking on the NEW symbol against each thread when you open up a Board to get the topic listing? I've found that's "sticky" as the NEW symbol only goes away once you've actually read the post which triggered it.

semloh

Thanks for looking at that, Mark. No problem re timing, now I know it's GMT+.