Downloads by 'genre' ?!

Started by cjvinthechair, Sunday 25 September 2011, 15:08

Previous topic - Next topic

cjvinthechair

Dear All.

I have the most glorious time learning about music on this site, and the downloads section is just...too good to be true, for which many, many thanks to everyone involved.
The naming of folders by country is entirely logical & works very well. Did wonder, though, as a particular 'fan' of choral music, whether there could be any mileage in creating folders for specific types of composition.
It'd be my idea of heaven to find one with countless little-known requiems/oratorios etc. - others no doubt would welcome concerti, solo instrument, solo voice.... and so on.
Sorry if it's a silly idea; I'm a very ignorant follower of the site & can't be expected to know any better. Very best wishes to all.

Clive.   

Mark Thomas

Nothing wrong with the idea, CVJ, but now that "Country Folders" have become established it rather runs counter to them Do you put a Parry Oratorio in the British Composers box or an Oratorio one?

eschiss1

deciding -which- country is sometimes difficult enough already (was going to say something about Linked Liszts but it doesn't apply and he always considered himself Hungarian anyway- anyhow it wouldn't be a question of linked lists but of symbolic links :) )